Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost password or factory reset for Samsung T5

(Topic created on: 20-10-2020 09:09 PM)
JoeJones1
Student
Options

I recently found my old Samsung T5 and decided that I could use it for some storage but when I plug it in instead of seeing the folder for the drive itself there is a T5 setup folder and inside of it there is the samsung portable ssd program. When I open the program I am faced with a password screen, I cannot remember if I ever used a password but I'm assuming I did and have forgotten it. I've been trying to find out how to recover my password or reset the drive but I'm not very good with hardware and haven't understood much of what I've read.

Any help is appreciated!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
DOTnet
Pioneer
Options
Click on the file explorer > Find the drive > Right click on the drive > Format drive

It should open a window that will allow you to change format settings, leave these to default. It will most likely be in FAT32 format
JoeJones1
Student
Options

I just did that and I seemed to work but I plugged it back in and it went back to how it was before as if nothing happened.

0 Likes
DOTnet
Pioneer
Options
I see, it will have to be reset by Samsung. You can contact them here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/livechat/ Good luck!