Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Latest Intel graphics driver vs. Samsung one

(Topic created on: 14-05-2022 03:23 PM)
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

I got a prompt to install an updated Intel graphics driver (30.0.101.1960) this week on my Book2 Pro 360.

There was a warning that you might lose any manufacturer customisations, but it said after gen 6 Intel chips this wasn't an issue.

So installed it, and HDR mode (HDR and auto are on) is all washed out. All the colours are unsaturated. Turning HDR off looks normal, but then you lose HDR I assume.

So rolled back to 30.0.101.1660 and it's all working again.

So as a general rule, should I always wait for Samsung to push any updates through and ignore any Intel ones?

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yes, stick with the OEM driver from Samsung. Your post is a timely reminder to anyone with laptops not to use generic drivers from Intel or AMD. They may be tempting because they are newer but you really do lose either colour accuracy or power optimisation or both.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yes, stick with the OEM driver from Samsung. Your post is a timely reminder to anyone with laptops not to use generic drivers from Intel or AMD. They may be tempting because they are newer but you really do lose either colour accuracy or power optimisation or both.
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks.

I might reset this laptop to factory at some point, and start again now I know what software I want on it. Is there any difference between the Samsung Recovery app ''PC factory reset' and the Windows settings System/Recovery/Reset this PC?

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes