Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing the Galaxy Book Flex2 5G

(Topic created on: 14-02-2021 11:50 AM)
AntS
Options

Galaxy Book Flex2 5G_header.jpg

Announced on 14 January 2021, the Galaxy Book Flex2 5G is coming to the UK! General release date is 12 February 2021, but you can pre-order from now until 28 January 2021 here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/pc/galaxy-book/galaxy-book-flex2-5g-i5-8gb-256gb-np930qca-ka1uk/

(Pre-order it before 28 January 2021, and you could claim an additional 12 months of warranty. Only from qualifying retailers; and needs to be claimed within 90 days of purchase. More details and how to claim here: www.samsung.com/uk/galaxy-book-flex2-warranty-extension-offer/ )

Don’t know about you, but I was a little sad when I found out a few years ago that Samsung weren’t making laptops for the UK anymore. My Samsung NP-R510 had served me so well (despite the things I did to it haha!) – and the lack of Samsung laptops over on these shores was the reason I put off upgrading as long as I did. I was thrilled to learn that Samsung laptops would be making a return though. The Galaxy Book Flex2 5G looks to be a great 2-in-1 addition to the lineup.

Some specs:

Dimension* 304.9 x 202.3 x 13.9~14.9 mm
* Accuracy of numbers may vary depending on measurements used.
* Weight and Height vary depending on manufacturing process
Weight 1.26kg
* Weight and Height vary depending on manufacturing process
OS Windows 10 Home
Display 13.3-inch FHD (1920×1080) with QLED Touch Screen Panel
CPU 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5, i7
Graphic Intel® Iris® Xe graphics
Colour Royal Silver
Memory 8GB (LPDDR4x)
Storage Up to 512GB SSD (NVMe)
*MicroSD card sold separately.* User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the operator and may change after software upgrades are performed.
Camera 13MP (world-facing camera)
720p (front-facing camera)
Audio Sound by AKG with Smart Amp (Max 5W x 2 speakers)
S Pen Built-in S Pen (Digitiser)
Keyboard Backlit
Connectivity 5G (Sub6)
LTE
Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+), 802.11ax 2×2
Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth® v5.1 
Battery* 69.7Wh (Typical)
* Typical value of battery capacity tested under third-party laboratory condition. Typical value is the estimated average value considering the deviation in battery capacity among the battery samples tested under IEC 61960 standard. Rated (minimum) capacity is 66.9 Wh. Actual battery life may vary depending on network environment, usage patterns and other factors.
Security Fingerprint
Ports Thunderbolt™ 4, USB-C®, USB 3.0, HDMI, 3.5pi Headphone/Mic, UFS & Micro SD slot, SIM Slot
* Actual speed of USB can vary depending on user environment

Some highlights:

Connectivity

• Both 5G and Wi-FI 6 for seamless connectivity.

Performance

• 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processor powering speed and performance.
  • 8GB of LPDDR4x memory, so it doesn’t slow down.
  • Brilliant visuals freer from lag.

Cameras

• 720p front-facing camera. (If I get a Book Flex2 5G does that mean I need to have some kind of makeup assistance for video calls now?)
  • 13MP World-facing camera – allowing you to capture the world around you in detail in both photos and videos.

Galaxy Features and Ecosystem

• S Pen.
  • Samsung Notes app, which syncs with your notes on other Galaxy devices - so no searching each device for the notes you made on that particular one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Share your thoughts on the Galaxy Book Flex2 5G in this thread!

3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes,  I set up a thread  when the first Galaxy Books we release in May last year   and was a welcome return to the uk market.  https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/new-galaxy-books-available-in-uk/td-p/1770954    (this is the first Flex model and currently retails at £1349 though monthly options also available). There was also a section in the Community Newsroom.

Certainly the Flexi Book2 looks impressive, a step up and a more poweful machine.  So if you  are needing a new laptop , enticed by the capability of the Flex  and can afford a bit extra the latest model would be the one to go for.   That said the original Flex should still offer a valuable experience.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

johnnylau34
Journeyman
Options

I bought this notebook in HK, while 5G worked fine for me for about 2 hours (webex, updates, web browsing, etc), the cellular option in Windows is no longer visible after around 2 hours. I tried recovery and manually re-install windows and samsung drivers but has no luck too. Not sure if Samsung is looking into this issue or not.

pamual
Journeyman
Options
Done
0 Likes