Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Drive Recommendations for Laptop

(Topic created on: 08-01-2022 07:38 PM)
eteuro
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

I was wondering if you guys could advise me.

I'd like to think when it comes to IT I'm OK with it, but when it comes to anything in the actual laptop I have no idea; today I received my Galaxy Book 15.6 Laptop 15.6in FHD, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD. I made a mistake of getting this version instead of the 512GB SSD and it was too late to cancel, but I didn't think it was that big of a deal until I restarted my laptop after updating it this evening, and when I continued uploading my media from my external hard drive I already got notice there wasn't enough space on my C: drive.

In the next few weeks I intend on getting a larger SSD but I have no idea which would be best for my laptop and where I would even buy one. I've spent the past half hour reading into it and trying to find something but I'm still stuck.

Can anyone advise which SSD would be appropriate for my laptop and where I can go about buying one? I'm not even going to attempt to install the new SSD myself because I can already see me scratching the living daylights out of the back trying to open it up, I'd just like to buy the drive myself instead of having someone outsource the part and pay extra.

Many thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
eteuro
First Poster
Options

Alright, I managed to figure it out but for anyone in the future who wants to look into this, I got the 980 1TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2 Internal SSD - and under the "feet" of the laptop, if you peal them off you'll find the screws so you don't have to pry open anything like a tin can.

0 Likes