Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent flickering on Samsung Odyssey G5 34" LC34G55TWWRXXU

(Topic created on: 23-01-2023 06:08 AM)
Aiden Foster
Apprentice
Options

Hiya,

Pretty cut and dry, I purchased this monitor several weeks ago and have been using it fairly often, after about 2 weeks I began to notice white lines flickering in random areas across the width of the screen, sometimes thin, sometimes thick, sometimes often and sometimes not at all. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. I've changed cable 3 times and it stops for a while then begins after about 2 weeks of the new cable. My PC hasn't changed at all and the flickering doesn't appear on my secondary monitor even when connected though the same DP1.4a port on my GPU with the same cable.

Honestly losing my mind over it and really don't want to go through the hassle of shipping a £400 monitor back via a courier. Thanks in advance!

Samsung Odyssey G5 34" LC34G55TWWRXXU

14 REPLIES 14
AndrewL
Options

@Aiden Foster: According to the user manual for this model, the screen may flicker depending on the type of graphics card, the game option settings, the current refresh rate or the video being played. Try the following actions: decrease the game setting values, change the current FreeSync mode to Off, adjust your refresh rate or visit the AMD website to check your graphics driver’s version and update it. Let me know if this helps. 
with the latest one.

0 Likes
Aiden Foster
Apprentice
Options

Hiya Andrew, I really appreciate your reply. The flickering seemed to stop for a while and I had forgtten to come back to update this post. However its now back and seems worse than it was before, it is flickering at all times, not just during games. When setting the monitor to Free sync off it gets far worse, and is completly pretty much unusable. I have an Nvidia GPU and its got the latest drivers installed.

I am unfortunatly thinking I will need to RMA this monitor, however I'm not sure how I would go about begining that process.

Regards, Aiden

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this flickering on your Samsung Odyssey G5 display, @Aiden Foster. It's important that you get to the bottom of this, so I think it'd be worthwhile calling or otherwise reaching out to our Support Teams.

At this stage, I should note that our warranty is repair-based, so our colleagues will help ensure that you get your monitor working as expected.

From your first post, I understand that you're in the UK, so you can reach out to our Support Teams using the various methods outlined on the page below:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Alternatively, if it's easier for you, you can start the ball rolling by following the steps on the repair portal below:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

In the latter case, you'd just need to choose the Computing, then Monitor options and "The screen is flickering" as the symptom. After doing this, please follow the instructions that are presented to you. I mention this for completeness, as I know that other Community users may require these steps. 😀

If a repair is deemed necessary after you have gone through the process, that will be clearly communicated on the portal. It is likely that you would get additional contact to explain the next steps.

Please keep this thread updated and let us know when you get the display looking like you'd expect. 

0 Likes
Aiden Foster
Apprentice
Options

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for your quick reply, In between me making that last post and now the flickering has slowed. I have tried a whole slew of things and I can't seem to create a situation where it is repeatable. I will begin the process of booking a repair in now, huge thanks!!

Aiden

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

You're very welcome, @Aiden Foster

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

0 Likes
TDMPro2K
Journeyman
Options

I also have this. I have a 3090, and it will just quickly get a test line across the screen. I have sent mine off and had the mainboard replaced but it’s still doing the same when I have had it back. Only bought the monitor in April, but I don’t think I will be buying another Samsung one again.  some people have suggested to put your graphics card in to pci3 mode on the slot. This didn’t work on my msi tomahawk board, it made no difference. 
If you find a solution please post. 

Saiyan4
First Poster
Options

So I'm not the only one because I have the same issue.

Mostly when it's happening i am reinstall my graphics drivers(found this solution in windows display settings) and unplug monitor from power for a minute. After I do that it's good for a while. Sometimes for days and sometimes more like week or even month and issue coming when I already forgotten about it.

I have Nvidia 3070ti and monitor have free sync not g-sync Meybe that's the problem. Anyway when I was in shop the seller said it makes no matter now and it's compatible with both.

silvershade
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I have also the same issue for the last 2 two years. I have to power cycle the monitor for this issue to go away when I'm gaming. I was hoping to find a firmware fix for this. My video card is a 1080ti and drivers are up to day and I'm running the native resolution and refresh rate.

0 Likes
TDMPro2K
Journeyman
Options

Samsung won’t acknowledge the fault. I changed my monitor to a benq and issue went away. It’s not the graphics cards.. the the monitor itself. I will not buy a Samsung monitor again, nor will I resell them through our work.