Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'll never buy another Samsung Product PERIOD

(Topic created on: 21-09-2021 04:45 PM)
MysteryV
Apprentice
Options

Recently purchased a 32" G7 Monitor.  Spent the first two weeks trying to get it to work properly.

Problems include:

- Intermittent power cycling

- Freezing and not responding to button input

- Pixelation / Horizontal Scan lines

Unfortunately by the time I realized that no solutions would actually work for this AWFUL product - the EXTREMELY SHORT 15 day return window was closed and now I'm out $800.  

Your product is terrible, your support is worse, and your return policy is shameful.  I won't type what I really want to say here, but think of extremely colorful expletives that preceed "YOU".

6 REPLIES 6
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Ouch, maybe it is best to stick with top brand monitors like AOC and LG 😉.
0 Likes
MysteryV
Apprentice
Options

Thing is - I have a 16 y/o Samsung flatscreen in my guest room which has been great - so I figured I could trust the brand.  It's really the ludicrous 15 day return policy that's lost my business.  That's the lowest I've found anywhere.  

Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

Looks like you got a defective product and it is unfortunate you went out of the return period window... at this point your only option is to start an RMA procedure in order to have it replaced by samsung under warranty, it will take your gaming down for a few days but it is the best solution :smiling-face:

Archer
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@MysteryV: I'm really sorry to hear of your frustration. If you are outside the returns period then I recommend reaching out to the support team in your region by typing samsung.com into a browser and scrolling down to 'Support'. Reach out from there and an advisor will be able to arrange a warranty inspection for you. 

0 Likes
MysteryV
Apprentice
Options

So now, for the second time - the monitor has locked up and will not respond to the power button.  Since the cable routing is so poorly designed, I have to crawl under the desk and unplug from the power strip just to get this awful, overpriced, unreturnable piece of garbage to function.  

I really feel angry and cheated here.  Your EXTREMELY SHORT return policy feels designed to punish people who try to make your broken products work.  $800 is a lot of money - especially for something with this many KNOWN issues that won't even turn on a few weeks after purchase.

0 Likes
MysteryV
Apprentice
Options

This is such a bad solution.  Not only is it time consuming and a major pain in the ass (it took a couple hours to set up) - but it's a gamble.

Samsung has already lost my trust, and now I'm expected to invest a couple hours taking it down, repack it, ship it off for a couple weeks, risk shipping damage, - and TRUST SAMSUNG to be honest about any issues and not just say "it seems fine to us - we couldn't replicate the issue".

The issues I'm experiencing are well documented.  Check Reddit, check this forum, Google it.  I wish I would have before getting cheated.

0 Likes