Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear 360, can I save to external card in S7 edge ?

(Topic created on: 10-01-2017 01:04 PM)
antonp
Pioneer
Options

I have a S7 edge with 32GB memory. I also have a 200GB external memory card in the phone. Does anyone know if I can save from The Gear 360 to the external memory card rather than to the internal memory?

(Please don't suggest the option of making the 200GB memory as combined with the 32GB internal memory, I don't want to do that).

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
antonp
Pioneer
Options

Where are the best places in London to get photos/videos that take advantage of the all round 360 degree capability of the Gear 360?

0 Likes
UmarButt
First Poster
Options
Over the Top of the o2 Arena via the Emirates Cable Car.. or top of Primrose Hill.
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi there, antonp

Here's some info from the User Manual of the Gear 360 about using memory cards with it:

Gear360_SD Card01.JPGGear360_SD Card02.JPG

Gear360_SD Card03.JPG

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
antonp
Pioneer
Options

Sorry no, this does not help at all. I know there is a memory card in the Gear 360 (mine is 128GB) and I know it will save the the (32GB) phone memory on my S7.

But will it save from the Gear 360 to the external memory card (mine is 200GB) and NOT the internal phone memory? That is, I do not want the photos/videos saving to my limited phone memory - can this be done?

0 Likes
RyanM
Pathfinder
Options

It can indeed @antonp! Video files can be switched to your external memory once the recording has finished. Are you wanting to save directly to the external memory to record longer videos? (Depending on the card and settings it can record up to 160 minutes (30 fps)

We would love to see some of the footage you've captured - feel free to share when you can! 

0 Likes
antonp
Pioneer
Options

No I wasn't thinking about saving to the S7 external memory to record longer videos. I wanted to know, if I was out and about for the day or a weeks holiday, can I  save many videos on my S7 external memory card(s), without constantly copying them form S7 internal memory to S7 external memory?

I can't find any option that allows me to save the Gear 360 videos/photos to the S7 external card (mine is 200GB) . It would save having to manage the movement of photos/videos to my external card. When this fills up it could easily be replaced with another (up to 200GB) external card leaving me with as much storage for as many photos/videos I could want when I was out and about. I can still do this, but would have to manage that copying of internal to external memory.

I don't have any videos worth sharing just yet, but I do have plenty of Gear 360 photos on my website: www.antonsphotos.com/360/

0 Likes
antonp
Pioneer
Options

Both good suggestions. Anything else within reach of the London underground?

0 Likes
Solution
RyanM
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks for sharing @antonp are you using the Actiondirector software for your edits?

Just to clarify, the 360 can only save directly to the camera's SD card, or the internal memory on the S7. You would need to manually move the video files to your external memory if/when needed. It's a great idea though and we'll take it on board for the future. 

0 Likes
antonp
Pioneer
Options

I'm not using Actiondirector. It crashed a couple of times and I expect to have another go at getting into it.

I've had a go at taking a few videos and found what I had in my internal memeory was adequate, so not such an issue as I thought. Although an option to record directly to external memory might be useful.

Anton

0 Likes