Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear 360 Actiondirector

(Topic created on: 10-01-2021 06:09 AM)
EvoWing1
First Poster
Options

Is this program no longer available?

I've downloaded and installed (on Windows 10) but am unable to activate it.

Sammobile  (https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-no-longer-release-updates-gear-360-app/)

reports:

Samsung will no longer release updates for the Gear 360 app

I have the app working on my Note 9, but Sammobile  also states:

The company does provide an alternative. Its Gear 360 ActionDirector and Gear 360 apps for Windows and Mac respectively will continue to be supported until February 28, 2024. 

(this web page was Last updated: July 24th, 2020 at 15:26 UTC+02:00)

I've downloaded and installed it ok, but can't get past the Activation page.

All I get is :

EvoWing1_0-1601217427615.png

Gear 360 is successfully connected by  USB and Internet connection is good

Has all support been withdrawn or is it still possible to activate it some how... How?

7 REPLIES 7
Navi2
Journeyman
Options

Someone please help me to have a solution to this problem of the camera working

0 Likes
tomimuwuh
First Poster
Options

yes, i cant activate this program too. What happen on Samsung?????

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

hi @EvoWing1 

please ensure you are installing the right app (model/version) for your gear 

model codes: 

SM-C200 - link

SM-R210 - link 

gratxz 😀

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Lucie12
First Poster
Options

@blueberry_cheesecake - it is not working even if you get the correct download app. Sorry your replies are not very helpful. I have seen your responses to the same problems with same answer. It is not working! so please can someone else help. It is expensive gear 360 and I am so disapointed that Samsung has let so many its customers down with this - especially no support is given to this problem. I have contacted the live chat team and no response too. Keep saying they do not support this type of problems. Rubish. Try to Sell it and go get different one. That is my advice.

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

hello @EvoWing1 @Lucie12 

try using the action Director Version 2.0.1619 instead

There is no Activation key required for this to work, just SN, please

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
hdtvjeff
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have version 2.0.03231 of action director specifically for the Gear 360

Just did a new install and it activated perfectly, I also tried on another PC without internet and it wouldn't

I know Samsung said that in 2024 it will discontinue support for the camera  and the action director software

They said that existing installations of the software will continue to operate

My IMPORTANT question is this : How about new installations where a new install of the software is necessary.

In these cases the activation server needs to see a camera connected  to the PC or the camera's serial number

With the activation servers taken offline in 2024 how will one activate their  action director software or will it be the end, period ?

Any answers welcomed,  especially from Samsung

Jeff

0 Likes
DAH_VID_8
First Poster
Options

Hello, Mac user here.  I can't seem to bypass the activation window. I have the digits right and it still does not allow me to the next step. I get the window "SERIAL NUMBER IS INCORRECT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN." There's no way the S/N is incorrect b/c I have it right. Need help, I need to convert my dual fisheye to equirectangular. Sidenote, the phone app will not allow me to convert videos from dual fisheye to equirectangular b/c video size is too large. I understand that this gadget has been discontinued, but perhaps there's a plugin users can use to bypass and be able to use the software to stitch 360 vids?

0 Likes