Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear 360 (2107) Action Director Activation

(Topic created on: 16-08-2017 03:13 PM)
andysfunbox
First Poster
Options

I have downloaded and installed the Action Director but I can't find any activation code. 

Q1 - Is the software free? I have purchased a Gear 360 (2017)

Q2 - I have tried to find somewhere to buy the software but with no success. Google ' Buy Gear 360 Action Director' is not giving any results to purchase. Just down load.

Q3 - I have looked all over the Gear 360 box and can't find anything that looks like a serial number.

The main problem is my new windows laptop is not recognising the device

Any advice is greatly apprecaited.

Andy (andysfunbox)

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
undreams
First Poster
Options

No, isnt 

Mine is a 2016 and was bought in Chile.

Regards

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@undreams: Are you still in Chile? And have you been in touch with the Support teams there about this?

0 Likes
DewaltDenro
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am also experiencing the same software issue. The serial number of the Gear 360 2017 is only 11 characters long, whilst the required key is 30 characters long. I bought mine whilst abroad at UniEuro In Italy. I am from South Africa. Please Assist!

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @DewaltDenro.

Unsure if you've already done this, but it might be worth a try of downloading the latest ActionDirector from the Downloads on the Italian Support page for the Gear 360 2017 here.

0 Likes
WB54
Student
Options

I got my Gear 360 camera with my new Note 8  on Sept 28. I used this link to download the cyberlink action Director and the software installed with out an activation  code and with connecting the camera during installation. The program opened, I have not actually used it yet.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00066650/

0 Likes
WB54
Student
Options
this link worked for my 2017 gear 360 that I got with my Note 8
0 Likes
Percepto
Journeyman
Options

Same issue here.
It is ridiculous that a company like Samsung can't sort this out.

0 Likes
Liz1
First Poster
Options

I was having the same problem, until I used this link. Now I can connect the camera to the computer or enter a shorter serial number. 

The problem is that get an error message after the process starts, saying: 

Gear 360 ActionDirector was not activated. Please send your purchase information to CyberLink so that our support team can help you resilve this issue. 

There is no link as to how I'm supposed to contact anyone, nor can I find one on Cyberlink's site.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Liz1. :robothappy:

Which country are you based in? 

0 Likes
Percepto
Journeyman
Options

I am in Italy but I have now downloaded the correct AD2 and it is installed and working.
Thanks