Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear 360 (2017) software activation on Mac "serial number incorrect"

(Topic created on: 29-12-2020 03:32 PM)
Digitmanuk
First Poster
Options

I have a Gear 360 camera (2017 model) that I am trying to connect to my Mac. I've downloaded the Gear 360 mac software, and it installed successfully. When I run the software it requests that I either plug in the Gear 360 camera, or enter the camera serial number, to activate the software.

I've tried both. But no matter which method I use I get the same error: "Gear 360 Serial number is incorrect, please try again."

Of course there is no 'trying again'. The number has been entered correctly, several times. Plugging the camera in could hardly do it incorrectly. But the error claims it is incorrect.

Is there another number I can enter to activate the Mac version of the Gear 360 software?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
marco19i14
First Poster
Options

same with me. i cant connect "Serial number is incorrect, please try again."

0 Likes
jdbubbers
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue. Cannot connect Gear360 2017 to iMac.

"Serial number is incorrect, please try again."

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Digitmanuk @marco19i14 

hello

please ensure we are installing the right app (model/version) for your gear 

model codes: 

SM-C200 - link

SM-R210 - link 

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Lucie12
First Poster
Options

Hi I have the same issue, I followed the link for the SM-R210 and hit the connect to PC and it still says "serial number is inccorect, please try again"...I tried to contact samsung support live chat, but they are useless as they say they only support phones and kept telling me they will re-connect me with their other team with no help as connection always got lost and I had to start again. I am really upset that I spent £200 to get this equipment and now cannot use it. Samsung you are rubish! wont buy again. I will try sell it and not tell anyone that they cannot use it and by the Gro Pro fusion 360.

0 Likes
GrayD
First Poster
Options

Same here. Will not get past the incorrect serial number window and I don't have 30 number activation code. Tried online chat but like banging head against brick wall.

I.T guy on web says the activation call from software goes to a dead link. Samsung obviously oblivious to this and don't seem to want to give anyone an activation code for software that can only be used with their product anyway. Madness.

0 Likes
MonkeyBusiness14
First Poster
Options

Same here. But in my case it nags about my internet connection. It states that there is not internet connection available and that I need to check the internet connection. But my internet works perfectly. Else I would not be able to post this message via the same computer!

If this is not getting solved by samsung I am never ever going to buy Samsung products again....Three years ago I've spend more then $200 for this camera and now it's videos can't be edited anymore! That is bullshit! I am a software developer and the software my company makes is at least supported for 6 years!

0 Likes
djjowa
First Poster
Options

The samsung validation server it's down long time ago, that's why we never could be validate the serial number or gear360. It's a shame. A workaround is, in mac osx, copy the app itself from other mac previously validate  and copy the files and folders from:
Images/Gear360 (all folders and files)
Documents/Cyberlink (all folders and files)
private/var/db/receips (only cyberlink.g360 files)
files :
com.Cyberlink.G360Live.pkg.bom
com.Cyberlink.G360Live.pkg.plist
com.Cyberlink.Gear360.pkg.bom
com.Cyberlink.Gear360.pkg.plist
com.cyberlink.Gear360Mac.bom
com.cyberlink.Gear360Mac.plist

With this workaround I have the app in 3 differents macs. Don`t care about the same serial number, because the samsung validation servers (the same of installation) they are down

0 Likes