Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S Book won't turn on from sleep mode.

(Topic created on: 09-06-2021 04:59 AM)
AdamD93
First Poster
Options
Hi,

I recently purchased a galaxy book s and am encountering issues. When my laptop goes into sleep mode I am often finding that I cannot wake the laptop up having tried the touchpad, keyboard, external mouse, fingerprint (power) button.

I find the laptop is still on as the status Led is blue incidating that it is still on.

In order for me to resume using the laptop I have to hold the power button down for several seconds to shut it down then reboot. 

Please advise!

Many thanks!! 
15 REPLIES 15
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

hi @AdamD93 

backup your files and reset the notebook for fresh start

guides:

Qualcomm model / page 56 - link 

Intel model / page 64 - link 

thanks 😀

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

jof284
First Poster
Options

I also had this issue, I fixed it disabling the power saving options in the Intel graphics command center

AllenChicago
Explorer
Options

Thank-you.  I'm having an issue where the Galaxy Book will not go completely to sleep.  The Samsung Logo stays on brightly, whether the cover is open or closed. 

Very dangerous heat build-up when this happens, and battery runs down to empty, if not caught.

Will try your suggestion.  These Samsung devices seem to have too many similar ways of doing things, which causes conflicts.  (ie, Windows-10 Power Saving / Samsung Power Saving / Intel Power Saving...all active simultaneously.)

Crowd-Sourced Solutions Are One of the Biggest Pluses of the Cyberspace Era.
0 Likes
Arens13
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue. Did you manage to solve it?

I would appreciate some help because I'm thinking of returning the laptop. It's quite a big problem for me as I'm constantly going in and out of classes daily.

0 Likes
pmlobo
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Does Samsung have a definitive resolution for this issue?

0 Likes
kurtedward
First Poster
Options

I too am having the exact same issue, the machine seems to be running and it shows up as available for a remote section, but I can't log in. the fan is running full speed the power light is on, but nobody is home. Holding the power button down is the only way to get back in. And I have tried reinstalling Windows and have the Exact same issue. This issue started off slowly, sometimes it would happen, other times it wouldn't, but now it happens every time I go to use the laptop. And the kicker, even after disabling sleep mode altogether, they are set to 'never sleep' the computer still is unresponsive.  I have also tried hibernating mode when closing the lid, after opening the lid, nothing happens and, again I have to hold down the power button to get the machine to reboot.

Please help

0 Likes
cbfx
First Poster
Options

how?  i dont see power saving options in the intel app? 

0 Likes
cbfx
First Poster
Options

any update? 

0 Likes
Caiti D
First Poster
Options

I'm having this exact same issue! I just bought mine at the end of January and started having these problems a few weeks later. I did a full reset of the laptop, set it up all over again, and re-downloaded Windows 11 but the problem persists. I'm also running into that problem of the laptop running its fans and burning up through the battery even when the lid is shut and laptop is in hibernate. I've tried uninstalling bloatware, turning off the energy savings sleep/screen-timeout settings...nothing has remedied this.

Geek Squad said the expedited repair service to ship it to Samsung would still leave me without my laptop for about a month but this is my computer for college.

Has anyone heard of a repair for this?

0 Likes