Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Book3 Pro 360 - touchpad stops working after a while

(Topic created on: 28-08-2023 08:30 PM)
Members_OOFzsTb
First Poster
Options

After a while of use, say anytime after 40mins use the touchpad stops responding and before it does, the cursor bounces around the screen before it disappears.  Moving your finger over the touchpad does nothing - as though touchpad device is no longer in the device configuration.  Solution, use Windows button to tab to Shutdown, leave laptop along for 20mins+ then start up.  

Windows/Samsung drivers/apps all up-to-date.  

The problem started over a month ago.

17 REPLIES 17
AaronPhones
Pioneer
Options
Hmm, If the touchpad stops working, use your solution. If it stops working, Contact Samsung Repairs or go to Microsoft Repairs at https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/warranty . Have a good day!
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Oddly enough, that problem has just started to happen on my Book3 Ultra. I've a feeling it was caused by a load of updates I've had just in the last few days. It's only happened the once, but I'll check it out again this evening.
0 Likes
Nozzd
Student
Options

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Book 3 pro 360 in June 2023.
Since I've had it, I have the same problems you mentioned. Samsung doesn't offer any exchange or support. 2300€ for a computer with a touchpad that doesn't even work! Worst nightmare if you want to be productive...

*currently, the touchpad is going every which way as I write

#scam #GalaxyBook3pro360 #GalaxyBook3 #GalaxyBook #Touchpad

0 Likes
Members_sotll98
First Poster
Options

Also bought an Ultra a month ago and have had the mouse totally freeze two times. I have just used the laptop a few times. 

0 Likes
just_alex
Student
Options

My experience is that the touch pad seems intermittent and leggy. I thought it was a memory issue, but now I'm not sure it's the case. Seems like some faulty firmware.

0 Likes
Cilantroman
First Poster
Options

Same issue. Sent it twice, second time they wrote no defect found. Galaxy book 3 pro. If they drag this on until my warranty expires, I'm probably going to file a lawsuit of some kind.

0 Likes
farawaysomewhere
First Poster
Options

im sure it could be a class action

0 Likes
sadique
Student
Options

Hello, I am most annoyed as the same things happens to my Samsung 360 Laptop.  I only bought it March 2023 and the touchpad just freezes and mouse pointer vanishes.  Its after re-starting the device or doing the Default Factory settings in Bios makes it come back.  I am using an external mouse as a back up.  Under the Sales of Goods Act Samsung need to refund the full costs of the device.  The product is faulty and NOT as described.

0 Likes
sacred1
First Poster
Options

This is now happening to me after 8 months of use for no apparent reason. I was using the computer and the trackpad suddenly stopped responding. I am using the touchscreen and keyboard as we speak. Have tried updates, resetting, turning the pad off and on all to no avail. I can't even get the mouse to respond at this point. 

0 Likes