Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Book2 360 Pro cracked screen

(Topic created on: 24-04-2023 03:11 PM)
Monica333
Apprentice
Options
Hi guys so I've sent numerous of emails to uk president @ samsung . com with no replies. What other email addresses am I able to escalate my complaint to?  

My issue has been ongoing since January with a faulty book2 360 laptop screen which cracked on its own while I was away from home with work. And I'm refusing to pay £340 for a repair for something that has broken on its own! I have had nothing but rude customer service and back and fourth emails with Samsung just copying and pasting emails repeating what the last person has said! I am ready to take this further through the courts but I'd like to make sure I'm definitely not able to resolve this myself with someone before doing so. We're coming up for May soon and I haven't had my laptop since January since I sent it away for repair! 

I have spent thousands with Samsung and its absolutely shocking with the treatment I have had with the customer service! After doing research and can see that hundreds of others has had the same issue with the galaxy book 2 360. Expensive laptop made of sh*t!! 

23 REPLIES 23
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Monica333  you could try support@samsunguk.zendesk.com 

if you have not tried that one.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

srs0591
Pioneer
Options
I assume you're uk based and have you managed to get a report from a reputable independent 3rd party engineer to back up your claim? Cracked lcds are the most common mishap fault on laptops so unless you 100% have viable proof this happened on its own accord you will not get anywhere debating this with them. If you have proof, seek small claims court, if you don't, just pay the repair fee, its a fair price for a top case assembly.
Monica333
Apprentice
Options
Na my repair is at samsungs repair center so not able to do that. Well the laptop was barely used and was always only sitting on my desk in my office. Came home after a week away and the screen was cracked whether the house was too cold i dont know but still that shouldn't be happening and £340 isn't justifying to pay when it clearly seems like a faulty screen!
BMR_pqhGUSk
Apprentice
Options

I can't believe I'm reading this, I am currently going through this exact experience. I picked my laptop up off of my desk last week with the lid closed and heard a crack. I open it up and the screen is cracked, it cracked right where it sits above the trackpad so I'm guessing they've built a weak spot as thats where the screen has the least support. We have also had hotter weather in the UK so maybe the temperature change has exacerbated things.

The customer service has been shocking, the last person I spoke to actually conceded it should be sent to an engineer to assess but the engineer has just read from the usual script....

I hope someone sits up and takes notice soon because there is a whole heap of evidence out there to prove that there is some defective materials or workmanship being used.

Anjan Kumar
First Poster
Options

"Hi! Last week, when I reopened my laptop at work, I noticed that the screen had cracked. Currently, there is only a hairline crack visible. The laptop was on my desk, and there was no accident that could have caused the screen to crack. It either happened on its own or while I was reopening it. Nevertheless, it is definitely an issue. I am yet to register the complaint as it needs to be done through my company. I will see what approach the customer care in Germany has regarding this issue."

Did you guys got any solution from Samsung? 

RynoGeorge
First Poster
Options
I am so cross! This happened to me and I fought it for months, spoke to the CEO team for the UK and they stuck to their guns. The laptop was 2 months old, brand new. They had my laptop for about 2 months and the customer service was "polite" but absolutely useless. Just passed me from person to person. I'm a business customer so they don't offer Care+ which means the bill, which I've just paid, was over £500. That's 6 weeks income for the business.
They refused to accept there mist be a fault with the screen yet here are lots of others in the same position.
It actually hurt the way they treated me, the laptop completed my Galaxy Collection and I was so proud of using Samsung for everything, not I feel like I'm not a valued customer at all, just an ***** who's been robbed.
Dr Dinesh
Student
Options

I had the exact same issue, the screen broke on its own, Samsung is manufacturing faulty devices and having worst service,!

0 Likes
Members_PrZZMuc
First Poster
Options

I am currently looking in to this same issue. I have took my Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 back to where it was purchased regarding an issue around it no longer charging. I have no idea when the screen cracked but I know I haven't done anything to warrant this happening. I was told that because of the crack on the screen my other repair would have to be paid for. I have arranged for a courier to pick it up tomorrow but I am now dreading that I will be in the same position as everyone else. I run a non profit organisation and I am a volunteer due to disability and illness, this laptop was supposed to make life easier. I could really do without having to battle to get something done that clearly is a fault of manufacturing. 

0 Likes
Members_PrZZMuc
First Poster
Options

Can I ask you all where the crack is on your screens?  I have a tiny hole about a third of the way in from the right near the top the crack runs across the corner with another smaller crack at a right angle from that. I have had laptops and phones for years and not once had any damage to them and my phones are always Samsung. Even got the Samsung watch. But reading everyone's comments I'm horrified!!!

0 Likes