Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Book S: Qualcomm Power Plan Export Request

(Topic created on: 14-02-2024 06:59 PM)
labrador7
Journeyman
Options

A few weeks after I upgraded my Galaxy Book S to Windows 11, I attempted a system reset to fix an issue with the USB-C port driver. Unfortunately, that overwrote the Book S-specific power plan which I think was named "Qualcomm".  

Since Samsung doesn't make factory OS installation ISOs availalble, I have no way to reinstall the Windows 10 and get back the power plan. Is there anybody willing to export it from their Galaxy Book S and make it available?

It's basically just a matter of pasting two commands in Command Prompt:

powercfg /L to list  the active power plans and see the GUID of the Qualcomm plan.

powercfg -export followed by the path and GUID of the power plan to be exported.

It's explained here very clearly How to export a power plan 

Thanks in advance

Galaxy S10 | Galaxy S10e | Galaxy Tab S5e | Galaxy Book Pro 15 i7 | Galaxy Book Pro 13 i5 | Galaxy Book S 13 8cx |
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
our of curiosity what actually is this?
0 Likes
labrador7
Journeyman
Options

You mean the power plan?

Power plans are "a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how your computer uses power. Power plans can help you save energy, maximize system performance, or achieve a balance between the two." Source: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2843-change-power-plan-settings-windows-10-a.html

There are stadard OS power plans and then there are manufacturer's or even device-specific power plans.

The problem is, Samsung does not make available the ISO of the original factory Windows versions. This means that if you upgrade your OS and then reset it, you lose device-specific software features, including power plans.

Galaxy S10 | Galaxy S10e | Galaxy Tab S5e | Galaxy Book Pro 15 i7 | Galaxy Book Pro 13 i5 | Galaxy Book S 13 8cx |
0 Likes
labrador7
Journeyman
Options

I listed the partition in Command Prompt and was able to see there were two recovery partitions. I restarted the Book S and pressed F10, then selected to do a factory restore and got back to Windows 10.

However, there is no Qualcomm power plan.   

0 Likes