Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Book Pro 4g LTE power issues

(Topic created on: 12-01-2022 09:03 PM)
g1991
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys. 

I have a Galaxy Book Pro 4G LTE Laptop. The last few days I've been having some major issues with it.

The laptop automatically powers on when I open the lid. However, after about a second it powers off. I then press the power button and nothing happens at all. If I close the lid and reopen, the cycle starts again. (Powers on for about a second, then shuts off, power on button doesn't work) 

The wierd thing is, it happened on Sunday for the first time, it wouldn't work all day. Then on Monday, it randomly worked fine. Today however, it's happened again. Really frustrating. 

Anyone have any idea what the issue could be? I'm using the correct power adapter, cable etc. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @g1991! Does your Galaxy Book feel warm when it restarts? 

g1991
Apprentice
Options

Hi Beth, thanks for responding. 

I honestly can't remember the first time it happened if it help but today yes it did feel hot when I turned on it the first time despite it not being having used for sometime. 

0 Likes
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

No worries! It may restart if it overheats. Are you using your computer on any soft furnishings, such as a bed or cushions? Use your computer on a hard, flat surface, away from any heat sources.

g1991
Apprentice
Options

Normally on a desk/table. 

The laptop felt hot earlier, it had been charging for about 30 minutes but not powered on so perhaps it a battery issue?

Right now it's cold to touch however it still it shuts down straight away. 

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
That needs escalation with a proper support case rather than a community discussion. If you can get it to stay on long enough backup any important files and open a support ticket with Samsung to arrange a warranty repair or replacement manufacturer approval to give the retailer you bought it from for a straight swap.