Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Book Pro 360 - cracked screen (no physical accidental damage)

(Topic created on: 11-01-2023 12:54 PM)
bensummers
Apprentice
Options
Anyone else experienced their Galaxy Book Pro 360 15.6" screen just randomly snap, I've got an arc from top corner to corner almost like the screen has snapped during lifting of the lid? 

There is no physical damage to the exterior or impact Point on the screen its working 'normally' there's just a snap in the glass.
7 REPLIES 7
N_Singh
First Poster
Options

I have also experienced this. I bought the Galaxy Book Pro 360 from Currys, and after 8 months of using it in one room and safe on a desk, there is now a crack along the screen. I have gone to Curry's customer support and they say that their repair team do not consider it repairable with manufacturer's guarantee and this is considered physical damage. Although this damage is clearly not done by the customer (no impact, scratches, damage near or around the laptop screen) it sounds like they assume this to be the fault of the customer even though I provided the link below as evidence. I am trying to escalate the issue and also contact Samsung about this.

When looking online, I found this on the Samsung Community in US: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Computers/Galaxy-Book-Pro-360-screen-cracked-without-any-misuse/... 

bensummers
Apprentice
Options
Thanks, I will try to escalate again as still have no resolution from Samsung. I'm actually utterly disappointed in them as a brand and I'm now purposely replacing Samsung products in my house with alternate brands as my £300 microwave gave up also after 18 months (12 month warranty only) so they want £200 to fix.

Save to say its going to take a while to replace everything, but no new Samsung products will be obtained in the future. A pity really as up until now I'd had nothing bad to say about them, obviously I hadn't had to deal with the shoddy customer aftercare teams.
0 Likes
TechM
Student
Options

Same problem here, also. Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 13.3" screen. Less than six months old. Diagonal crack appeared across the screen. Normal usage, not dropped or impacted in any way. Used in same room since new and not transported. Just kept and used on a flat surface. Same story. Curry's and Samsung assuming that it is physical damage and not a design flaw with the lid being too flexible. But the Samsung US forum, reddit, here and also at the UK consumer's association, "Which", countless people are reporting similar issues!   https://www.which.co.uk/news/article/a-crack-appeared-in-my-laptop-screen-am-i-entitled-to-a-refund-...  

bensummers
Apprentice
Options
It's a shame. I had so much respect for Samsung up until this happened. Now I'm looking at every other brand as the aftercare at Samsung is absolutely horrendous, I've never known any company to be so bad. Still stuck with a broken laptop and having to 'just live with it' not what you expect for a laptop over £1,500 at the time.
AliciaRobson
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. If you look into it, this is a widespread problem that should incite a recall situation from Samsung. However it'll easily require a class action lawsuit before they correct it.

These laptops also overheat excessively as well. There is already a class action started for that. So we may just have to wait on the safety recall from that before we can get our money back.

TechM
Student
Options

Yes, they should be recalled. I'm pretty disappointed that the Consumers Association didn't do more, but then a certain Tumble Drier manufacturer had it's product catch fire in many peoples homes and it wasn't forced to act quickly. (by the government).  In the meantime I have bought a screen protector from ViaScreens which at least makes the screen safe to use and may prevent the crack from getting worse.

Solarguy
Apprentice
Options

Same here! We bought 2 of these laptops in December 2023, mine developed the crack along the screen in around March (when I noticed). My partner's developed the identical fault in October.

Curry's have taken them and sent them off for repair with the same ultimate response that they can't be fixed under warranty, the implication  being that it is our fault/accidental damage etc.

Simply not good enough (I am writing this on a  Hewlett Packard as I can't be without a laptop for running my business. I have seen some posts regarding The Consumer Rights Act 2015 and I will be going down this route myself (x2). I will post my journey on here in case it is instructive/helpful. Definitely a design fault!!!!!!

0 Likes