Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy book not charging.

(Topic created on: 18-05-2020 06:53 PM)
Toto24
First Poster
Options

Hi all, first post.

My daughters 12"Galaxy book has started to not charge despite being on charge all night. It is just put of its 2 year warranty. Is it the charging port or something else and is it a reasonable cost fix.

Thanks. Tony.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Toto24! Does your computer feel warm when you try to charge it? Are you using an official charger and wall plug from Samsung? Also, please check that the plug is pushed all the way in to the socket.

0 Likes
Toto24
First Poster
Options

Hi, thanks for your response.

It is my daughters galaxy book, using the original plug, not heating up.

Taking hours just to gain a few % charge.

0 Likes
Teetoow
First Poster
Options

Hi, I got exactly the same problem after 2 years of use. The maximum charge percent of the battery started to decrease slowly and slowly. After two months the maximum charge was 1%. My father has exactly the same problem after 2 years of use.

We both use the official and original plug. There is no heating problem.

I asked to a professional to change the battery in order to get it working again. The battery has been changed with an original one. But it didn't solved the problem!! The battery is still charging at 1% and the computer stops working once I unplug the charger.

I guess that there is a bug ( a feature?!) into the chip which manages the charge of the battery which stop its charge. The BIOS / UEFI is up to date.

I am very very angry against Samsung since I can't find any help in order to get my computer working again without being plugged in.

0 Likes
YannIGN
Apprentice
Options

Hello , same thing here for my GALAXY BOOK 12. Doesn't charge anymore. Official charger / cable or another brand that work before it become ***** warm. Now didn't boot. Battery seem's one time 'unknown'. Then left at 0%. Cant' find SAV for it in france. Garanty finish of course. Buy in april 2020. Sad about it. How is it solved for you? Read about class action for tablet PC SAMSUNG warm somewhere......

0 Likes