Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Book Flex - Updates for Win10 Version 2004 / 20H2?

(Topic created on: 30-11-2020 04:38 PM)
MattSchofield
Explorer
Options

Hi

Re Galaxy Book flex:

Does anyone know why the delay with receiving the May Windows 10 Feature update version 2004?  I can't find anything related to the Flex hardware in the known issue notes Microsoft has published for either 2004 or 20H2.

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20
MattSchofield
Explorer
Options

What model of SSD is installed in your Flex?

Update: The NVME driver update I did is not a solution for the Windows Update delay. Windows still uses the problematic driver stornvme.sys elsewhere in a position it cannot be replaced.  It's in that position that we're waiting on the updated driver for. All my driver update achieved was a little performance increase from the SSD, which actually turns out to be a little gem.  Proper chuffed to have found this SSD in here.

Solution
MattSchofield
Explorer
Options

Microsoft have today updated the issue status to RESOLVED

Source: Windows 10, version 2004 and Windows Server, version 2004 | Microsoft Docs

"Resolution: This issue was resolved in KB4586853. The safeguard hold is estimated to be removed in mid-December."

Thomasx31-dk
Journeyman
Options

Thomasx31-dk_0-1607692962842.png

Installing 20H2...

MattSchofield
Explorer
Options

How's the update gone Thomas?

0 Likes
Thomasx31-dk
Journeyman
Options

All went very well - some Samsung (drivers) updates and a windows updates, a few restarts.
Happy to be on 20H2 🙂

MattSchofield
Explorer
Options

Cool.  Thanks for posting back 

0 Likes
MattSchofield
Explorer
Options

Awwww man.  The update did not go well for me 😂  My screen brightness started flickering every time I changed app/tab.  The professional colour profile would reset to a Windows default profile on reboot.  Windows would always boot with Night Light turned on.  I couldn't change the colour profile of my theme (it would only give me Light or Dark accents. Colours I selected wouldn't apply).  Heaps of services and sessions were reporting errors in Event Viewer, like Windows Search Service, Indexer, ReadyBoot... and even more started reporting warnings.  And ultimately I tried a restart in diagnostic mode to do some troubleshooting and it wouldn't accept my fingerprint or PIN, so I've had to rollback to 1909.  Windows Update doesn't show 2004/20H2 are available or scheduled anymore either so all in all, it's really not gone well 😂  Except that the rollback has worked flawlessly which I'm grateful for.

0 Likes
Thomasx31-dk
Journeyman
Options

Strange - could be different hardware combo - I have the 13 inch

Thomasx31-dk_0-1607872533715.png

0 Likes
MattSchofield
Explorer
Options

True.  Are you in South Korea?  Where did you find a 16Gb 13"?  I couldn't find one anywhere.

0 Likes
Thomasx31-dk
Journeyman
Options

Denmark (Europe) - only 13 inch, i//16GB/512  - it the only Nordic version available

Hope you get it sorted out soon