Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy book 360 melting

(Topic created on: 15-07-2022 09:47 PM)
jamiesimmonds
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy book is literally melting its over heating so much , yet samsung support telling me this isnt covered under warranty as they are unable to find the fault , once again being told to wait for it to burn me or completely pack up before they will do anything . Staff are so rude and clueless 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
What are the temperatures it's getting to, are you blocking the vents when using it, what programs are you running on the laptop to make the temp high, is it automatically shutting down due to the temp. Also remember it's summer and the ambient temp can be high.

Do you have any pictures to backup your "literally melting" statement as that insinuates the casing has physically melted, companies like Samsung would take this type of issue very seriously.

Also ring support lines a few times if the first one fobs you off, lazy incompetent staff work for every company and sometimes it takes a few phone calls to get a good one who will help.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Indeed, you won't be taken seriously if you exaggerate about melting because that is physically impossible. All computers will first thermal throttle and second shutdown completely before literally melting if it is processor or GPU related heat. The only way it could melt is a battery fault that caused a fire, no other components will give off anywhere near enough heat. Remember too that Intel mobile CPU are designed to run up to 100 Celsius these days and will only throttle when over 95 Celsius (with some it's actually 105 with throttling starting at 100)
jamiesimmonds
Apprentice
Options
The laptop has been with samsung for a month whikst they test it , they sent it back as they couldnt find a manufacturers fault they said its probably getting too hot because i am holding it even though its a tablet. They said have it back and see if it burns you again , which it still does. Melting was an exaggeration however it is too hot to touch and snells of melting plastic
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Sounds like it needs to be replaced, sorry I thought it was a laptop as that's what a Galaxy Book 360 is.
0 Likes
jamiesimmonds
Apprentice
Options
No the 360 is a tablet and laptop 2 in 1 so its both in one so should be able to be held when in tablet mode
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @jamiesimmonds 

We've posted a message on your other post 'Samsung repairs' regarding this same topic.

0 Likes