Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360 Battery Life

(Topic created on: 16-03-2023 07:58 AM)
Jerry23
Apprentice
Options

For those who owns a Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360 Laptop, what is the battery life like on your laptops?

Jerry23_0-1650791083594.png

I am only using it for internet browsing, and it only lasts for 3 hours max. Is this what I should be expecting?

39 REPLIES 39
aggillator
Apprentice
Options

Hey there OP. I had similar concerns and was wavering back and forth between returning or not. Now I can get 10 hours of browsing.

Here's what I learned. This machine (I have i7 version) is super powerful.
It's CPU is plenty powerful even when reigned in by using silent mode and windows' Battery Saver mode on constantly (when just browsing or using office, which for me is most of the time). Similar to a lot of other posts, disable unnecessary startup items with an app like AutoRun. And the thing that made the biggest difference was installing Process Lasso and enabling the feature called ProBalance (can also go into ProBalance advanced settings and make sure "Exclude system services from restraint" is NOT checked). I also installed ParkControl from the same author. Now, my GB2P 360 lasts for hours upon hours, the fan never goes on (because I'm in silent mode), and the laptop maybe gets slightly warm occasionally. And my apps and browsing etc. are still snappy and run smoothly. Really happy with the results so thought I'd share.

Brett
Apprentice
Options

For those having issue with short battery life, I was getting under 2 hrs about 1hr 45 min at 100% charge. Now 7- 9 hrs depending on performance level and Brightness. Think there is two issues, hope this works for you also, the McFee anti virus searches every 15 minutes I have noticed (I am using another antivirus software now) draining power. I deleted this, then did a re-battery recalibration by going to BIOS at start up by hitting F2 after Samsung logo shows, make sure you disconnect AC when doing this, click battery recalibration and let it drain battery (you will see battery % and time and month show (can exist with ESC to cancel), could be up to 5 hrs to discharge battery. It resets the minimum and maximum charging percent. To save more power you can adjust brightest (Fn F2 & F3). 

Once power is drained, the power in Laptop is off, replug AC, will see battery at 0%, hit ESC, and continue to fully charge to 100%, can use while charging. 

You will notice difference straight away, instead of saying 100% charged, it will now say 100% fully charged, not sure as to why this wording has changed, but works for me. I hope this helps, as it is a great laptop. Also be aware for some reason Chrome uses up power also. 

0 Likes
Options

Hi Brett. See my other post, I have moved to the Macbook Air M2. The M2 chip is much more energy efficient than the Intel i7 12th gen 1260p.

0 Likes
aggillator
Apprentice
Options

Traitor!!! Just kidding.  It's such a shame that apple and microsoft can't collaborate to make the most energy efficient powerful monster of a computer. Good luck with the new OS.

0 Likes
Brett
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, at moment the 5G is main reason to keep. 

0 Likes
Members_i8R4mxY
First Poster
Options

it's very bad. never thought that a laptop in this range can have such a poor battery. for me when it is 100% it is like 3.5 hours. 

0 Likes
Brett
Apprentice
Options

Try what I suggested, it's works well with me. Sometimes up to 10 hrs, be aware hr usage changes based on what you use. Also set laptop without charger to sleep and off power off to both 2 minutes. This increases also power levels. Good luck 👍 

0 Likes
sergioboni
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem. Just two and a half hours of light internet use on a laptop that has only a few weeks of use. It's far, far from the advertised capacity. In my most pessimistic expectation, I expected it to last at least six to eight hours with this absolutely banal use. Imagine who bought the machine to exploit its full capacity, how much frustration must be feeling! I should have bought a Mac with an M processor

0 Likes
aggillator
Apprentice
Options

Hang in there with it. I use process lasso which helps a lot.  I also use in silent mode, and keep battery saver on.  The key is to monitor task manager for unnecessary processes using CPU/battery and then to disable them.  In Startup section of task manager disable unnecessary apps from starting with windows. Also go to Windows Task Scheduler and disable all the unnecessary tasks from running.  With a little tweaking you should easily be able to get 6-8 hours.

0 Likes
Ehanderson
Pioneer
Options

Responded to wrong post

Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 i7 512/16
Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra 1TB/16
Galaxy S23 Ultra 512/12
Galaxy Tab S6
Galaxy Note 9
Galaxy A32
Galaxy Gear