Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360 Battery Life

(Topic created on: 20-09-2022 05:36 AM)
Jerry23
Apprentice
Options

For those who owns a Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360 Laptop, what is the battery life like on your laptops?

Jerry23_0-1650791083594.png

I am only using it for internet browsing, and it only lasts for 3 hours max. Is this what I should be expecting?

39 REPLIES 39
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Allegedly 12 hours but I'm guessing a lot of that isn't using Edge or Chrome to stream videos or listen to music. I have tried finding the watt hours rating for the battery in the device. You should get more than 3 hours though, I get 6-7.5 hours (the latter being the max I have squeezed from it) from my Legion 7 gaming laptop depending on what I do with it during those hours.
mze
First Poster
Options
My battery life is poor. Very poor
Options

I have two Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360's. One is a Pro2. (i5 and i7)

After extensive removal of Samsung apps, removal of other apps not needed, adjustment of settings in Edge (No acceleration, shutting down of open tabs, etc) plus stopping remaining apps running in the background etc, etc, etc.

I can see 34 hours at full battery at idle. This translates into around 16 hours (Email, Office, internet)

I have used it for two days without recharge. 

Options

Galaxy Book Pro 2 360 fine tuning, for all those readers interested in this topic, please see my Post in Computers and IT section.

Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360 13 inch fine tuning.

Mitelx
Student
Options

Hi, thanks for the information. I got a Book2 pro 360 i7 and have been getting a really poor battery life performance. Sometimes I am just using Microsoft Note, and the laptop drain the battery very fast and I can hear the fans at high rate. Could you share with me any recommendations on how I would have to set my book2 pro 360 ao I can get the best performance and best battery life?  

In my experience, it does not make sense how it drains the battery that way which translates in a very bad battery management software. Also, noticed that the energy consumption is managed by both windows and samsung software at the same time.

Mitelx
Student
Options

Hi, thanks for the information. I got a Book2 pro 360 i7 and have been getting a really poor battery life performance. Sometimes I am just using Microsoft Note, and the laptop drain the battery very fast and I can hear the fans at high rate. Could you share with me any recommendations on how I would have to set my book2 pro 360 ao I can get the best performance and best battery life?  

In my experience, it does not make sense how it drains the battery that way which translates in a very bad battery management software. Also, noticed that the energy consumption is managed by both windows and samsung software at the same time.

0 Likes
Options

Hi, please see below -

This post relates to the Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 13 inch Laptops. Boot times - i5 11th gen 6-7 seconds, i7 12th gen 12 seconds. 

I have four Samsung Laptops, this post refers to fine tuning/improving performance and battery life on the Galaxy book Pro 360 i5 and Pro2 360 i7 12th Gen Evo. Windows 11 Pro. Both 13 inch machines.

First of all a summary. In my opinion the Galaxy book pro 360 13 inch machines are better or equal to other top end machines such Dell XPS, HP, Asus, etc. The Samsung machines are well built, aluminium, very thin at around 11.5mm, very light and the 360s have fully laminated thin bezel screens. After fine tuning I can see 34 hours battery at idle and 16 to 18 hours of email, office, internet use.

I have listed below adjustment made to my machines -

1. I have removed almost all of the Samsung apps except Samsung system (Fan speeds useful) and Samsung updates.

2. I have removed all other non wanted apps like Games, Disney, MS news, McAfee, Tips, One drive, Xbox, etc, etc. You will see the app list go from around 96 apps to 40. 

3. Small icons in task bar via registry tweak. and moved to the left.

4. Disable background running apps in Win 11. 

5. Screen brightness to about 60%.

6. In Edge settings, (Right hand side then left hand system settings) stop acceleration, tick boxes for close down apps after x seconds, apply energy savings. Plus in Group policy - stop Edge starting at Windows logon.

7. In setting, colours, etc untick visualisation.

8. In advanced settings, untick most boxes to improve speed. (ie untick sliding combo boxes, fading, etc)

9. Untick any items that start at Windows logon, I just leave Defender notification).

10. Remove any remaining apps not wanted like Xbox with Group edit runs.

11. Clear any temp files via %temp% Then restart. 

12. Stop Windows Widgets running via settings and Reg Edit. Typicall 7 widget can be seen running in the background in services.

13. Stop Windows search, sys main pre-fetch, connected user telemetry (messages back to MS) etc in services.

These are settings that suit my usage, I cannot accept any responsibility if the above fine tuning does not suit your needs.

The Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 2 360 13 inch machines are hard to beat in terms of overall performance.

Options

This post relates to the Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360 13 inch Laptops. Boot times - i5 11th gen 6-7 seconds, i7 12th gen 12 seconds. 

I have four Samsung Laptops, this post refers to fine tuning/improving performance and battery life on the Galaxy book Pro 360 i5 and Pro2 360 i7 12th Gen Evo. Windows 11 Pro. Both 13 inch machines.

First of all a summary. In my opinion the Galaxy book pro 360 13 inch machines are better or equal to other top end machines such Dell XPS, HP, Asus, etc. The Samsung machines are well built, aluminium, very thin at around 11.5mm, very light and the 360s have fully laminated thin bezel screens. After fine tuning I can see 34 hours battery at idle and 16 to 18 hours of email, office, internet use.

I have listed below adjustment made to my machines -

1. I have removed almost all of the Samsung apps except Samsung system (Fan speeds useful) and Samsung updates.

2. I have removed all other non wanted apps like Games, Disney, MS news, McAfee, Tips, One drive, Xbox, etc, etc. You will see the app list go from around 96 apps to 40. 

3. Small icons in task bar via registry tweak. and moved to the left.

4. Disable background running apps in Win 11. 

5. Screen brightness to about 60%.

6. In Edge settings, (Right hand side then left hand system settings) stop acceleration, tick boxes for close down apps after x seconds, apply energy savings. Plus in Group policy - stop Edge starting at Windows logon.

7. In setting, colours, etc untick visualisation.

8. In advanced settings, untick most boxes to improve speed. (ie untick sliding combo boxes, fading, etc)

9. Untick any items that start at Windows logon, I just leave Defender notification).

10. Remove any remaining apps not wanted like Xbox with Group edit runs.

11. Clear any temp files via %temp% Then restart. 

12. Stop Windows Widgets running via settings and Reg Edit. Typicall 7 widget can be seen running in the background in services.

13. Stop Windows search, sys main pre-fetch, connected user telemetry (messages back to MS) etc in services.

These are settings that suit my usage, I cannot accept any responsibility if the above fine tuning does not suit your needs.

The Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 2 360 13 inch machines are hard to beat in terms of overall performance.

0 Likes
Ehanderson
Pioneer
Options

My understanding from the Intel EVO logo is that we're supposed to expect 9 or more hours without having to sacrifice anything.  I realize I'm not going to get the 21 hours of life promised in their advertising, but I would like to see more than 2 1/2 hours out of a brand new laptop.

Personally, I enjoy having a lot of the features available to me, though I do want more battery life. I would be happy with 5 hours out of a day, as that would easily cover my school day. I'm a taking software development, so I can't really do much in terms of sacrifice. Screen brightness is fine, but I have to have wifi, I need Bluetooth for my mouse, and USB for my Arduino class etc. I generally have a bunch of tweaks I do, but I haven't applied them yet, since I am trying to figure out if it's the laptop or the software that's not giving me even close to what is promised.

I would like to know what reviewers and manufacturers use in terms of applications, tweaks and testing to show they are able to get the battery life they claim.

Back in 1998 I had a laptop that had 3 times the battery life of what anything has today and there was nothing I had to give up.

Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 i7 512/16
Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra 1TB/16
Galaxy S23 Ultra 512/12
Galaxy Tab S6
Galaxy Note 9
Galaxy A32
Galaxy Gear
And a host of other older units