Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7 odyssey another dark streak victim

(Topic created on: 27-02-2023 07:09 PM)
Egg1
Voyager
Options
Less than 6 months old and it has a vertical blurred dark area that doesn't go away with reset or power cycle.
I understand it will need repair, to say I am disappointed is an understatement, especially the prices charged for the goods and frequency of faulty goods with identical problems.
Not happy

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Egg1
Voyager
Options
Contacted support today via members app.
Turns out it's lasted 90 days before failing, not even used often.
Support has arranged warranty repair, luckily I kept the box.
Whole process was easy, let's hope it gets sorted.
0 Likes
Egg1
Voyager
Options
Update, Service centre sends email claiming they tried contacting me to " discuss " the problem.
No way did they try at all.
There is nothing to discuss, it's faulty, it's 90 days old and undamaged.
When I called the number after my work, they only work Mon - Fri 9 - 5 answering message.
Starting to feel messed around already, not the " speedy conclusion " to my expensive item not fit for use being resolved.
0 Likes
Egg1
Voyager
Options
Tried contacting the service centre, after a lot of recorded message, on hold a while before cutting you off. Three times so far.
Great service
0 Likes
Egg1
Voyager
Options
Once contact was made I got to choose what day DPD collect it and an email to print a sheet with repair number etc to put on outside of box.
The responsibility is all yours for packing it up, I have original box, but have seen people with damaged items which don't get compensated if it's deemed the packaging wasn't good enough.
If you don't have any DPD bring a box and bubble wrap, as was the case in a damaged item that didn't get paid.
Samsung strongly advise photographing item before shipping as proof of no damage. As above, they say DPD box used isn't sufficient for claims, yet use it if packaging required.
Luckily I kept the box and even the bag over screen protection.
I am worried about it all, but still hoping it turns out well and sharing the journey.
0 Likes
Egg1
Voyager
Options
Today I received confirmation.
09.16 they have received monitor.
10.06 unit is going through initial diagnostics.
11.16 The repair work has been completed on your LC32G75TQSRXXU, which has been repaired and
thoroughly tested by our technicians.
The following parts were replaced:
TFT PANEL
The following tests have been carried out on your unit:
Test Outcome
PAT test Pass
IR receiver working Pass
Panel image check Pass
Audio check Pass
Cosmetic refurbishment check Pass
All inputs check Pass
We can confirm that your Samsung product has been through strict Quality Control. Throughout this
process, your product has been handled with the upmost care and attention. Handled using Gloves and
cleaned using a concentrated cleaning solution, every effort has been made to ensure your Samsung
product is processed in a safe and secure environment*
Kind regards.

So it's repaired, I'm guessing I will get a DPD we got your parcel message.

All gone well so far with quick service.
0 Likes
JDripsy
Student
Options

This thread and the updates has been extremely helpful - thank you! Apparently I have the same exact issue-hilariously in the same exact part of the monitor. Currently the only solution I have is turning the monitor off and back on again. It seems to solve the issue temporarily, although it seems to be reoccurring quicker and quicker each time. Used to be ok with one power cycle for a PC session, now its taking multiple. Soon I believe it will be permanent. Altho it took closer to a year for mine to really start being an issue. This thread may be really helpful for other repair shops honing in on the exact issue. I might try exploring some local options for repair and cite this thread.

Egg1
Voyager
Options

There was another thread suggesting it was burn damage, unlikely.

But it also has the hilarious addition of a representative of the repairer stating nothing was replaced, before saying it was replaced as a courtesy as they couldn't replicate the problem.

See here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/computers-it/fire-risk/td-p/7054652

Good luck.

0 Likes
JDripsy
Student
Options

Posting my update:

Nov 14th i contacted Samsung Support via chat. After running thru the standard diagnostical questions, I supplied a photo and referenced this thread. They immediately made a ticket number and generated a shipping label for me.

Nov 15th I shipped it - they do mention writing the ticket number on a couple sides of the box can expedite the repair process - which I did. I did not have my original box as nearly a year had passed. UPS Store happily boxed it for me - for nearly $50 😞

Nov 17th I got confirmation they received it and to allow 4 business days to prepare repair. I was also given a link with status updates.

Nov 20th I was notified the repairs were done and was given a tracking number.  The repair details were:

Product LCD-SDC;ALT

ASSY COVER P-REAR BOTTOM;32G75T,PC+ABS+E

Repair Result  1 ) inquiry: Black vertical dark shade on the screen 

2 ) Broken cover Bottom - the issues were resolved and tested.

Listing a variety of function tests, connection tests, digital/video/camera tests and firmware updates that all have check marks.

Overall, I'm fairly satisfied with how they handled things from start to finish. I got no hassle or push back.  They seemed to understand the severity of the issue and fixed it without any "him haw". The only thing I will mention as a slight negative was that I had to contact Chat a couple times before someone actually talked back. Maybe they were asleep? Anyway, all is well.

Egg1
Voyager
Options

Glad it worked out for you!

Happily watching football on mine right now, quality picture.

I'm guessing from your $ sign it should be soccer as I'm £ 😄