Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip 2 65” VESA Screw Length

(Topic created on: 04-08-2021 09:42 PM)
jimmymc
First Poster
Options

Hi

We have a Samsung Flip 2 65” (WMR65), and I need to mount it using a VESA bracket.

The manual says to use VESA standard M8 screws, but doesn’t specify the length - it just says to use ‘the standard length’. This isn’t very useful as there are many lengths! Too long, and they could crack the screen.

Can anyone (or anyone from Samsung) help with this? Tried the distributor, Samsung Customer Services - and not getting any responses at all..

Cheers, James

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
By " standard length " they may actually be referring to the thread on the bolt and not the actual physical overall length of it
I think there is a " coarse " standard thread - bolt head should show M8 1.25 and a - " fine " thread - bolt head should show M8 1.0
The term " bolt length " for some reason seems to be used for how many threads there are between 2 points on the threaded part of the bolt
To figure the actual length you need, I would gently insert a cotton bud in to the bolt holes of your TV to see if there is a bit of space behind them for a wee bit peace of mind - then use the bud to measure how deep the threaded part of the bolt hole is, hold your bracket in place at back of TV to see if you need any spacers - is so then add the depth of the spacers & bracket to the depth of the bolt holes and that should give you the length you need ( check each one as shape of TV may need spacers on some but not all )
The bolts don't need to go any further in than to the end of the threaded part of the bolt holes
0 Likes
jimmymc
First Poster
Options

Hey - thanks for replying, but the manual is clearly talking about the length of the screws rather than the thread:

”Do not use screws that are longer than the standard length or do not comply with the VESA standard screw specifications. Screws that are too long may cause damage to the inside of the product”

The manual is not very helpful in this case, so hopefully someone from Samsung will pop by this thread and chip in

Cheers, James

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi - just added a wee bit to my reply
0 Likes