Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Flickering Screen Fix Not Able to Update Firmware on LC27RG50FQUXEN 27'' 240HZ Monitor

(Topic created on: 24-03-2021 12:07 PM)
AlienMaXX
Student
Options

To enable the GSync to work @ 240HZ, I need to update the firmware to version M-T5500GGZA-1006.0[3F6C]

It is currently on  v1003.0 which has issues with GSync above 120HZ causing lots of flickering of the screen. Full resolution here.

I have all I need to resolve this issue. Latest Nvidia drivers and the monitors 1006 update.

The problem I am having is that there is no where or way to access the usb(FAT32) firmware on the monitor.

Press and hold the jog button does not work, neither does the on screen menu have any support options on it.

This leaves me with a GSync enabled 240HZ screen that can not go beyond 120HZ with hot lots of flickering.

Has anyone else found the secret undocumented way on patching this screen? As it stands is completely useless to me. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@AlienMaXX 

hello

• reset the monitor via jog button / system → reset → reset all 

• reinstall the driver from this link

• use DP cable ver 1.2↑ to achine max Hz

• set the DP version via System → Display Port → 1.2↑ (not 1.1)

• restart both devices then retry

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

AlienMaXX
Student
Options

Hi

Many thanks for the response. Unfortunately it has not worked.

From past fixes, the firmware 1006.0 has resolved this issue, and Nvidia released a hotfix also, to work alongside the firmware fix. The issue I have is my monitor does not have any option at all to access the USB with the firmware on. Neither the main menu or press jog for 5 sec work. Their is no support option within the menu, but for my monitor, I think it should be the jog button hold method.

The key now is to get the option to update the firmware.

Again, many thanks for your reply. Im getting nowhere with Samsung of course, and Im almost ready to send it back as its main function/feature just does not work.

Cheers

0 Likes
Solution
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@AlienMaXX 

alright, you may contact the retailer for exchange or refund if possible

or you may contact Customer Support for other options 

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
AlienMaXX
Student
Options

Yes its looking that way. Many thanks though. I've got the latest drivers for Windows which I didn't have before.

Cheers

0 Likes
IMartins
Explorer
Options

hi. where do you get 1006.0 update?