Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

firmware update m2070w

(Topic created on: 23-09-2017 12:22 PM)
kang0o
First Poster
Options

I cannot update the printers firmware using windows 10. Following the instructions in the readme file I extract the M2070_V3.00.01.30.hd file drop it onto the usblist2.exe file. A DOS window appears with a number counting upwards, it reaches the target number then disappears. The printer doesn't reboot and the firmware remains unchanged.

Really doing my head in. Ever since we changed routers the printer has never been able to connect or even find our home wifi.

The firmware installed is from 2014 and I think new firmware will solve the connection problems.

Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Go to solution
27 REPLIES 27
Herman11
First Poster
Options

Just FYI. Patch did work with MS PC and printer is back again.  

0 Likes
ZephGraham
Student
Options

Thankyou thankyou thankyou! The command completes without error without doing this but it doesn't do anything and it doesn't seem to tell you this anywhere, fixed now, let's see if my WiFi stays connected!

0 Likes
ZephGraham
Student
Options

Yeah it won't work on a Mac.

0 Likes
NOCOMPAGNY
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have a laser samsung xpress sl m2070fw.

Each time, the printer is on, the 'wait image' message appears.
I've tried to update/reset the firmware M2020W_V3.00.01.23.hd or M2070F_V3.00.01.37.hd.

Once the operation had been done, the message 'wait image reset printer' appears and the printer is blocked.
What is the exact sequence to update the firmware?

Do you have any ideas to delocked the printer?
Regards, Ron

0 Likes
andrew33333
First Poster
Options

I had problem with my Samsung Xpress C410W. I had a bit paper jam.then firmware upgrade then all light blinking and not-usable anymore. I had non-genuine toner. xxxx Solution: even though HP says you can not backward firmware upgrade, you can!

I did it and now mine is working*****

what I did:

go following web address and download old firmware:

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/PRINTER/Samsung/Samsung-Xpress-C410W-Printer-Firmware-3xx0202.shtm...

then download it and unzip it. I disconnected my computer from internet and uninstalled all Samsung softwares. then I connect printer through USB (computer recognized my USB printer though). then I ran SL-C410W_V3.xx.02.02.exe and waited till green lights solid. everything is fixed now *********

0 Likes
it-expert
First Poster
Options

Thanks a lot, you helped me :smiling-face:
I have the same printer and some computers with Windows 10 (2004, 20H2) and some android devices. In my case the printer losts its WLAN configuration every 4 weeks so I tried to solve that issue with the latest firmware version.
First of all, I am a guy how likes to type something (not a "drag and drop" guy).
So here is my exact sequence to update the firmware:

1. Download the firmware and extract it (remember the path, e.g. \Samsung M2070W)
2. Open a command prompt (i did it as administratior) and navigate to the download folder e.g. cd\Downloads\Samsung M2070W
3. Type "usblist2.exe" and the name of the .hd-file (use the TAB key for autofill, e.g. M2070_3in1_V3.00.01.37.hd)
4. Unplug all other USB-printers and -devices (but keep your mouse and keyboard connected)
5. Shutdown your printer (press the blue "On/Off" button) and wait a little bit
6. Hold down the red "Stop/Clear" button and press the "On/Off" button on the right at the same time (*)
7. "Download image" will appear at the display and "Press Stop Button"
Attention: You have to press the red "Stop/Clear" button now once again.
8. Run to your PC and press Enter to submit the "usblist2"-command

For example E:\Downloads\Samsung M2070W>usblist2.exe M2070_3in1_V3.00.01.37.hd
USBLIST2 Version 1.0(08/20/2002)

Printing to PRINTER
Printing....(8257536/8257656)
Printing complete...!

At the same time your printer displays "10%, 20%, 30%" aso.
9. Wait for the update to finnish
10. The printer will restart automatically
Check the firmware version again (i did it with my browser and "SyncThru Web Service", topic "Firmware" - in my case the printer got the IP adress 192.168.178.6 so the URL is http://192.168.178.6/sws/index.html)

(*)Note: If you don´t press the "Stop/Clear" button again the "usblist2" program will tell you:

USBLIST2 Version 1.0(08/20/2002)
Printer is not ready!
Using the good old command line CMD.EXE is in my opinion better than drag&drop because you´ll see error messages.

At the moment every is working very fine with all devices.

Thanks for reading, hope you like it :smiling-face:

Petysy
First Poster
Options

new link to download firmware: 

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/samsung-xpress-sl-m2070-laser-multifunction-printer...

(this is link for M2070 but you can find link for your model)

0 Likes
printinguser
First Poster
Options

Hi,

We have a Laser Samsung Xpress SL-M2070FW.

When the printer is on, the 'wait image' message appears and the printer does not respond to any button.

For some reason the website to download the firmware https://www.samsungcloudprint.com/download_firmware.html seems to be out of service and therefore we could not download firmwares from there.
We went on this website instead that proposes different versions of firmwares https://orpys.com/en/content/22-sl-m-series.

Then, we tried to update/reset the firmware using the steps described by other people like dankonion Post:
1. Once downloaded, extract the file.

2. Unplug your printer from the power source.

3. Plug in your printer to your PC with the USB connection.

4. Hold down the red stop/clear button on the printer and then plug the printer back in to the power source.

5. The printer should enter "download mode"

6. Drag the file ending in ".hd" to the usblist2.

7. The printer should start updating.

However, the printer would always display message "Power on/off, Pinter Reset" and nothing else.

Finally, out of the 14 firmwares updates proposed in https://orpys.com/en/content/22-sl-m-series for SL-M2070FW only one of them worked and reinitialized the printer's software which is:
M2070FW_V3.00.01.22

Now the printer is working fine again.

We hope that helps,
Good luck to everyone,

0 Likes