Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to update the Firmware Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB

(Topic created on: 26-05-2022 07:20 AM)
mīshu
Journeyman
Options
Hello people. I try to update my SSD Samsung 980 PRO 2TB to a new version of firmware but it doesn't work. ,,Filed to update firmware on the selected drive.,,
My current version is 3B2QGXA7
The new version is 5B2QGXA7
I check the help Center already and I follow all the steps but stil can't update it.
My system is working perfect 
I have no issues or something else
My PC is Lenovo IdeaPad Y900 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Try the ISO method if you really want to update. You can download the patch in bootable ISO form from their SSD support pages. Doing the firmware update can wipe the drive even if you use the magician software so before you try again backup your drive contents.
rhysbsillie
Explorer
Options
of the DNS server>
For example:

cmdCopy

nslookup app1 10.0.0.1
If you get a failure or time
0 Likes
bjgx
First Poster
Options

I encountered the same problem.

I turned off BitLocker on both the 980 Pro 2TB drive and the system drive, which is a Samsung 512GB NVMe. On Windows 11: Control Panel > System and Security > BitLocker Drive Encryption.

Magician then performed the firmware update as expected.

You might be able to simply pause BitLocker.

Samsung Magician should be able to do this automatically, or at least notify you to pause BitLocker.

Of course, it is a good idea to backup your data before performing a firmware update.

Herrschwarz59
First Poster
Options

I build 6 PC a year ago. Asus x570 dark hero, ryzen 5950x. And 980 pro 2TB. Now after 1 year 5 0ut of 6 drives are broken. Magician is completely useless. Repair fails always. I now exchanged all with firecuda530. Cloning took hours of chkdsk repairs and finding the right program tolerating the totally faulty 980Pros. DO NOT USE 980PRO! JUST GOOGLE IT. SAMSUNG KNOWS FOR LONG TIME THAT THOSE DRIVES ARE NO GOOD AND IS NOT DOIBG ANYTHING!

Most probably your drive is already half in the dumpster and that's the reason the firmware update doesn't work. Do NOT look at Magician....even it says drive is gòd, run the long test and be prepared that this reveals lots of unreadable sectors. This drive is certified garbage. And I am a samsung fan boy...

0 Likes