Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Setting Box Windows 11

(Topic created on: 14-01-2022 08:18 PM)
VictorJan
Journeyman
Options

I just upgraded from Windows 10 64bit to Windows 11 64bit.  Easy Setting Box (ESB) worked great on Win 10.  On Win 11 it does not work.  The program says that a Samsung Monitor is not found.

When I look at device manager it shows the monitor as being CRG9_C49RG9xSS (HDMI).  The ESB program does NOT launch.  The driver I have is NVIDIA Quatro P2000.  I have checked all the drives and they are loaded.

#CRG9_C49RG9xSS

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
VictorJan
Journeyman
Options

It has been well over two months and Samsung has NOT given any solution.  As a matter of fact I have yet to receive any information on the status of the ticket.  Your comment above is just "garbage".

I am so disappointed with Samsung, they do not have any focus on their customer base. Great monitor but support for Windows 11 is non-existent.

Gangster74
First Poster
Options

Just found out, this feature is built in to win11. Turn on "Snap Windows" in settings>system>multi-tasking, and voila, you just hover the mouse over the maximize button and you can choose from 6 different layouts and where you want to snap the window :smiling-face:

How to guide:

https://allthings.how/how-to-split-screen-in-windows-11/

0 Likes
VictorJan
Journeyman
Options

That is not a solution.  The purpose of the easy setting application is to be able to put what is in the windows of the app. The solution you provide is or muti tasking and had fixed items going in fixed windows.

0 Likes
vincifern
First Poster
Options

Thx.. indeed, it is an alternative and serves some purposes and I am using it as well for the time being. However, I have noticed not all application are supported meaning not all application windows offer snap-in display when hoovering over the maximize icon.

0 Likes
VictorJan
Journeyman
Options

Example of why this does not work.  I have multiple excel sheets up and want to go between them. Without Easy Box Setting it is a cumbersome process at best.  The Win 11 solution is impossible to work with.  

The answer has to be that Samsung gets the application to work on Windows 11.

0 Likes
Antony Roy
First Poster
Options

Workaround for Google Chrome... until they fix the Easy Setting Box app...

Sans titre.png

0 Likes
s72s
First Poster
Options

I just bought the exact same monitor and ran into the exact same problem. My fix was to install Microsoft PowerYoys:  FancyZones: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/powertoys/install

It's great and provided all the solutions that I was looking for in terms of splitting screens etc. Plenty of videos on youtube on how to set up etc

Hope this helps...

0 Likes
VictorJan
Journeyman
Options

This is much more cumbersome.  In addition, the powertoys frames DO NOT remember the names of Excel files after there is a save as.  When you close the frames, if you forget you destroy your original data.

THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION

0 Likes
VictorJan
Journeyman
Options

Also, Powertoys SUCK up lots of processing cycles.  If you try to open a new program your system GRINDS to a halt.  It is easier to just do it manually than use powertoys.

Still waiting on the Samsung solution.  I have NOT heard anything back from them./

MikeSID
First Poster
Options

Do we have a solution for Easy Setting Box for Win11?

0 Likes