Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Setting Box Windows 11

(Topic created on: 12-12-2021 07:38 PM)
VictorJan
Journeyman
Options

I just upgraded from Windows 10 64bit to Windows 11 64bit.  Easy Setting Box (ESB) worked great on Win 10.  On Win 11 it does not work.  The program says that a Samsung Monitor is not found.

When I look at device manager it shows the monitor as being CRG9_C49RG9xSS (HDMI).  The ESB program does NOT launch.  The driver I have is NVIDIA Quatro P2000.  I have checked all the drives and they are loaded.

#CRG9_C49RG9xSS

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
vincifern
First Poster
Options

Did you find a fix in the meantime? I was just partially successful. The issue you descriped happened to me as well. However, after installing the most recent display drivers  NVIDIA from the hardware vendor drivers page and one reboot afterwards, the tool did recognize the display. Unfortunately, while the tool properly labels the displays 1 and 2, the panel to actually organize, split and configure the screens is not shown. So it is pretty much useless for me at this time. I did not find any updated version so far. Did it work for you?

0 Likes
VictorJan
Journeyman
Options

I had the same issue. The Easy Setting Box program loads but pops up a window to says it does not recognize the Samsung monitor. There is something wrong with ESBs compatibility with Win 11 -- it worked with Win 10 on the same computer.

VictorJan
Journeyman
Options

I opened a ticket with Samsung and have gotten NO response in 5 days.

0 Likes
Members_AJcnFp1
Student
Options

Same problem here; ESB does not work with Win 11. Does not recognize my Samsung LC49". Rocking a 6800xt as GPU.  

VictorJan
Journeyman
Options

It now has been over 3 weeks and NO RESPONSE from Samsung.  Does anyone know what I have to do to get this problem addressed?

Spend well over $1,000 and the monitor software for Easy Setting Box does not work.  Even with an escalated ticket there is no service.  I would rate the monitor as a waste of money.  I could get two framless monitors that would be easier to work with.

0 Likes
VictorJan
Journeyman
Options

what do you mean by "Rocking a 6800xt as GPU"?  Did what you do fix the Easy Setting Box?

0 Likes
vincifern
First Poster
Options

According to Samsung Support the fact that Easy Settings is currently not working on Win11 is known and there are plans to update the tool. When this is going to happen is unknown. 😕

0 Likes
Members_AJcnFp1
Student
Options

Thanks for the update. Sad that a relative new monitor is so poorly supported. 

0 Likes
Sagar25
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

I recenly purchased Samsung Odyssey G9 monitor and installed ESB. I am getting following error message "The code execution cannot proceed because mfc140u.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

Is it because the software does not support Windows 1 1-64 bit?

0 Likes