Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANNOT CONTACT SAMSUNG

(Topic created on: 01-10-2020 08:28 PM)
Odyssey
Journeyman
Options

I have tried every possible means to raise a complaint about an Odyssey G7 27" monitor whose screen cracked when it was moved. I even tried contacting the UK President but his mail box is refusing to accept email. People on the 'phone send you to the wrong place and there is no link that I can find to a complaints process on the web site. This is what I sent:

I wish to outline what has occurred this morning (29.09.20) when I tried to get help for my son as a result I what I believe to be a defective product.

As my son was about to set off to university we gave him the money to purchase a new monitor. He chose a Samsung Odyssey G7 27” monitor which he purchased about 2 weeks ago.

In preparation for his journey to university he moved the monitor downstairs and tried to set up the PC temporarily. However on connecting the monitor it was clear that the curved screen had flexed and the monitor screen was cracked.

As we were dropping him off at Bristol on Monday we thought that the best solution was for him to take the monitor with him and get it repaired in Bristol.

This morning I spent the best part of two hours on the telephone failing to make any progress at all.

I asked two questions:

Where should we take the monitor to get it repaired rapidly?

How could I raise a complaint regarding what I consider to be either a design fault or build quality issue? A monitor at this price level ought to be robust enough to withstand a small movement.

I was first told that I should ring another number which would be able to decide whether an authorisation code could be issued to have the monitor repaired at Samsung’s expense. Instead I was directed to a third party repairer based in Warwickshire (the Samsung agent had already been told that the monitor was in Bristol) who not only knew nothing about the “authorisation” process but demanded an £84 diagnosis fee to diagnose a cracked screen. This sum would be in addition to any subsequent repair costs!

I rang Samsung again and this time I was directed to an approved repairer for the Bristol area. I rang them only to be told that they were based near Swansea and did not cover the Bristol region. They were kind enough to suggest a repairer in Bristol but when I contacted them they said that they could not take on the repair as there were no spares available for this model. How can there be no spares for a model launched this summer?

We are now in a situation where my son is expected to begin his university career after an already dreadful 6 months or so without his monitor when due to Covid 19 much of his programme will be delivered online.

I feel that he has already suffered enough and hope that you are able to make some intervention to ensure that his monitor is repaired or replaced at the earliest possible time.

Without that we are left with the belief that Samsung produces poorly designed/built items with very poor support and no spares available should things go wrong. From trawling the net it would seem that this is not an isolated example of Samsung screen failure.

I am asking you to intervene and hopefully deal with the repair/replacement on an ex-gratia basis.

Regards

George Arkless

11 REPLIES 11
char88
First Poster
Options
cant contact them either. its ridiculous
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi
Gerorge,
You should try messaging them on social media and see if they respond or see if they have any Samsung store near you.
0 Likes
Odyssey
Journeyman
Options

I tried to contact someone who had replied to my earlier post about how hard it is to contact Samsung or to make a complaint.  I can't do that  because all I  get is error messages! 

0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
it was me. Do you get error message on fb messenger aswell.
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
You can maybe rest your phone or check for update.
0 Likes
Odyssey
Journeyman
Options

The fact that you are getting odd messages I think proves my point.  Coincidentally I  have now been  telephoned by someone from Samsung who promises to get a repairer to ring with a quote tomorrow morning. As expected they accept no liability  but I will take up that argument once I  have had the repair done. My feeling is that their terms are in breach of UK an EU unfair contract terms legislation.  I am still unhappy that it is so difficult to contact them or raise a complaint.  I will pursue this.

0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
my mistake it was a response from someone else.
0 Likes
pinkprincesspug
Journeyman
Options
Try 'Resolver,' raise the issue with them they take the pain out of chasing company's for you and it is all done legally and professionally and the best part of this is they are FREE I have used them successfully in the past with excellent outcomes. Just type in Google Resolver.
pinkprincesspug
Journeyman
Options
One word...Resolver, Google them