Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C49RG90 never wake up after sleep mode

(Topic created on: 13-12-2020 10:24 PM)
mestrade
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I've received my new screen on saturday, plugged to a linux + intel UHD 620 laptop which works well, and to a PC windows with an NVIDIA 1080 EVGA FTW, both are connected with Display port,

it works well ... but...

For both setup, when the screen goes to sleep mode, it never wakes up 😞 the screen shows display port 1 or 2 depending where it's plugged, and remain blank... I have to reboot both computer to have something back again.

I've tested to modify screen setup, energy saving etc. The issue is always here 😕

It's sunday evening and i'm already bored to restart my laptop and desktop each time it goes to sleep mode...

If i disable the power saving mode, which is NOT a good solution imho, it works. But the screen is always ON...

Does someone has a fix or an idea on how to fix it ?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
higherfidelity
Apprentice
Options

Same Problem with the C49RG94

0 Likes
StarshipCaptain
First Poster
Options

Had the same problem with my brand new  Samsung C49HG90 monitor not waking from sleep-mode. Did all the usual stuff: installed newest firmware, drivers and fiddled with all the settings on the monitor. Nothing worked.

The solution for me was a post at Reddit I think, when someone with Samsung 49" monitor wake-op problems had their monitor connected to an extension branched outlet (some call it Power Strip) with built-in surge protection. He replaced the extension branched outlet with built-in surge protection for an extension branched outlet without surge protection. I did the same, and the problems disappeared. Coincidence, I don't know? But, the monitor wakes up properly now. Simple measure worth trying.

0 Likes