Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C480FW Printer spuriously showing "Install Toner"

(Topic created on: 15-07-2021 09:03 AM)
Ian-G
First Poster
Options

Without having adjusted or changed anything, my Samsung C480FW Printer has started showing the message "Install Toner" on the LCD, with the display showing arrows pointing towards all four cartridges. Previously (before the "Install Toner" message appeared), indicators on the computer had shown all four cartridges are still reasonably full, and the cartridges themselves are most definitely the genuine approved Samsung type.

I've tried power cycling the printer (ie removing the power cable for a while), and also removing and re-seating the cartridges. This hasn't cured the problem although - perhaps notably - the message "Not Compatible Magenta Toner" sometimes appears briefly, and there's a bit of variance in the time taken (up to a few seconds) and order that the "Install Toner" and arrows appear on the screen. But it always quite quickly reaches a steady state - from where I can't do any printing - with "Install Toner" showing, with all four arrows.

Clearly something is wrong, since "Install Toner" is meant to indicate that cartridges are not installed at all (not the case) and "Not Compatible Magenta Toner" is meant to indicate that a third-party type of toner has been installed (not the case).

Can anyone advise on how to tackle this problem?

16 REPLIES 16
GG76
First Poster
Options

Anyone, has Samsung replied to this problem?

Geoff.

0 Likes
artgirl
First Poster
Options
No, sorry.
0 Likes
jedistar
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem. Did all these steps:

1. Remove cartridge and rotate the gears manually 5-6 times, and shake toner side to side. Re-insert.

2. Emptied toner waste basket. When that failed, I replaced it with a new one. 

3. Clean the gold pins. Clean the cartridge contacts.

4. Ordered new chips to replace in cartridges. Was waiting for chips to arrive but the following steps worked ..

5. Twist the gold pins - this worked for me and ended this nasty ordeal !

6. If the twisting failed, HP advised changing the entire door assembly.

Hope this helps a fellow sojourner in this love/hate relationship with this printer.  

0 Likes
Ringky
First Poster
Options

I have this Error in these years. Everytime I close door with force for tempory fix it. (** Just a joke , not a good method**)

Today, I found that, the error is caused by conduct pins lost contact with the circuit board (which is located on the front door) . After I turned(switch) all the gold pins in clockwise direction to fix them, the error is solved. Hope this method may help you.

0 Likes
jedistar
First Poster
Options

7. Tip from the HP/Samsung serviceman - spray wd40 onto the gold pins. That worked for me too.

0 Likes
ragmaxone
First Poster
Options

Hi! I know this thread is quite cold but I just got the same problem an hour ago.

I'm not sure but I think the door connector may be at fault, mine had 3 disconnected wires and when I tried to remove the door to search further another one just disconnected...

Now I have to find how they are supposed to be connected...

IMG_3501.jpg

0 Likes
Asghar1328
First Poster
Options

Hi Omarth

this was a really good piece of advice you gave here.

Thanks a lot.

you solved my problem which I was struggling with for a long time.

regards

0 Likes