Did you mean: 

Original topic:

C24F396FHU Menu button broken

(Topic created on: 19-11-2020 04:48 PM)
Lolite
Apprentice
Options
Computers & IT

About a year and a half ago i got this samsung curved monitor for my pc. Recently the power button, also used as the menu button has stopped working. I can press to the sides to access the volume and brightness settings and all that, but i cannot turn off the monitor and access the menu screen. In short, pressing down on the button does not work. Please tell me if you have a solution because there are some settings that need changing that i cannot access. I believe this button is also referred to as a JOG button.

24 REPLIES 24
N3twork_NOiL
First Poster
Options
Computers & IT

If you are not experienced and do not have the right tools and workstation to open up the monitor, it is extremely risky. I damaged my monitor in the process. I then shipped my monitor in for repair. They installed a new JOG button and screen for me. Good as new. I missed my warranty by a week or two as well. lol dang it! 
If your monitor is still under warranty, send it in for repair! If it isn't, send it in for repair! 

0 Likes
James550
First Poster
Options
Computers & IT

Same issue 

0 Likes
NecoSensor
First Poster
Options
Computers & IT

Hi there. I managed to solve this problem in my C32JG52, but according with this community rules, I just can give you some clues about the causes: dust, bad contact. I hope this help.

0 Likes
Naser92
First Poster
Options
Computers & IT

Hi, 

I tried this simple solution and it worked for me.

I just pressed and hold the power button for two or three seconds and released it and pressed it again. I did this several times and finally, I got the menu button. it seems the power button is stuck somehow and you need to release it.

0 Likes
Seagull84
First Poster
Options
Computers & IT

Exact same problem.  Only the right trigger on my G5 Odyssey works after only 3 months of use.  Switching from one input to another is critical for moving between personal and work.  I tried the various solves (tapping the button, holding it down, etc), but they are not permanent solutions.  I was lucky to be able to switch to the input I needed before the button seemed to stop working entirely.

Their solution?  Send it in every 3-4 months across the entire country and pay for shipping and a fix.

I've decided to exercise a reimbursement with Amex and replace it with one of their competitor's gaming monitors that doesn't require manually switching inputs with a physical button.

0 Likes