Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book2 Pro 360 fingerprint sensor issues

(Topic created on: 30-03-2022 07:49 PM)
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

Been on to support today about the fingerprint sensor on my new Book2. Looks like there's a driver or Windows issue at the moment? The sensor just stops working. Twice we removed and reinstalled the driver and it worked for a short time then stopped again.

Hopefully, a fix will sort this out soon. Started happening after a Windows update yesterday for me, not sure if related.

Loving the Book2 otherwise so far.

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
24 REPLIES 24
knknki
Apprentice
Options

knknki_0-1655890351047.png

0 Likes
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

Have you tried removing the device from the device manager and letting Samsung Update reinstall the driver?

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes
knknki
Apprentice
Options

ya... i have tried resetting my pc twice.. installed and uninstalled driver multiple times... samsung support have tried for 8 hours to fix it ... still nothing ... im gonna cry... my old 2014 dell never had such bad driver issue... this is top of the line machine still😭... cant even work

0 Likes
knknki
Apprentice
Options

can you message me on insta ... it might help me compare my setting with yours ... dr.jas.s

0 Likes
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

What settings do you need to see? Can put here if it helps.

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes
mwatters
First Poster
Options

Having the same issues. With book2 pro. I disabled the driver and re-enabled it. I am thinking it may have something to do with stand-by/sleep mode as I am also having problems with usb-c devices  freezing when waking the laptop up.

0 Likes
mwatters
First Poster
Options

driver_version.png

Nope. I have a later driver and still experience the issue. I am thinking it may be some windows update files. I registered to be in the beta program for updates, so perhaps those beta updates are causing issues? 

edit: I just notices the driver dates. Something doesn't look right. How can I have a later driver version with a date earlier than yours?

0 Likes
Members_yHlZSyR
Student
Options

I have having exactly the same issue with my Pro book2 360   - anyone found a fix yet please Its driving me mad argh 

0 Likes
Members_yHlZSyR
Student
Options

I found what fixed mine , the unit itself wasn't signed into windows despite its showing as logged in , after many attempts I finally managed to get the unit signed in and all OK now , hope this helps  

0 Likes
NousDefions37
First Poster
Options

I'm literally on the phone with support and read your comment to the support representative and he stated that he had no idea what you probably mean by what you describe. Could you ellaborate? How does it show you are not signed-on but it shows that you are signed-on?

0 Likes