Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen issues on the 27" G7 Odyssey

(Topic created on: 11-06-2021 06:30 AM)
Lineplex
Student
Options

Since none of the old forum posts solutions are working i feel like i need to make a new post about this issue.
Screen started black screening almost immediately out of the box.
Background lights are on but screen is not responsive and OSD does not work.
Holding the power button for 6 seconds reboots and resets the monitor config but immediately goes black again
Updated to M-TG700CCAA-1009.3[E93D] with no success.
Tried different ports on both the monitor and gpu with different display port cords.

Tried having adaptive sync both on and off with VRR on and off with the same result.
Tried running the monitor in both Nvidia and the monitor on 240hz, 144hz, 120hz and 60hz with the same result.
Tried both 8bpc and 10bpc color depth with the same result

Windows and Nvidia is updated.
Uninstalled Nvidia drivers with DDU and clean installed older versions that other forums suggested worked with no success.

I really dont want to return this monitor but i might have to if this issue remains.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19043)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080

4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
0 Likes
Lineplex
Student
Options

I have decided to return it since the only possible solution that i havent tried already is updating firmware to 1010.3 which isnt available for download.

0 Likes
darkelf720
Explorer
Options

Hi mate,

Nothing wrong with your system mate - I would suggest it's a faulty unit.  What are you plugged into by the way HDMI / Display Port ?  Just a tip, if / when you get the monitor replaced, buy an 8K Display Port Lead that's 1.4 version.  Around £18 off Amazon.

I just bought the 32 Inch beast and no black screens at all.  

Good luck

0 Likes
kenryubr
Explorer
Options

Hello,

I'm using my Dell G3 with NVIDIA
GeForce GTX 1660 and G7 Odyssey 27'' as a second monitor.
My Firmware was updated to v1011 and NVIDIA drivers were updated too.

I had the same issue. Everytime that the monitor goes off (standby or turned off) and try to turn it on, it turns the lights on, HDMI is recognized but the lights goes off, monitor goes black and even the OSD stops to work.

I realized that It seems to be a misunderstanding between the monitor and the input (windows/nvidia) when turns it on.
The G7 monitor only recognized the input and turned on after I set the refresh rate to 60Hz on Windows advanced video settings or NVIDIA Control Panel.
Different from that, it only turns on if I unplug and plug HDMI again.

You can set to 144Hz after that, but when it's turned off, I always have put it back to 60Hz on Windows/NIVIDIA or unplug/plug HDMI to turn it on.

I don't know if it's either a Samsung's firmware problem or NVIDIA's driver problem.

0 Likes