Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BATTERY CHARGING TIME - BOOK2

(Topic created on: 24-04-2023 05:32 PM)
Member-roy
First Poster
Options

I'm A THICK OLD MAN BUT FOR WHAT LENGH OF TIME DO i CHARGE MY gALAXY BOOK2? Whoops, see....I was in caps!

I've had a "chat" online and was told 3 hours. I did so and the red light on the laptop turned green but the Book2 battery level soon seemed to be very low after only a short time on the laptop.

any ideas?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Member-roy I take it this is the Galaxy Book 2 rather than Galaxy Book pro as that charges quicker.  For the Galaxy Book 2 that seems about right,anyway  should be fully charged when the indicator turns green, check that the Battery level is at 100%.   The number of applications running will have an impact.

If it seems to be a lot lower than that could try the Smart Battery Calibration as explained here https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting 

The Battery life depends on type of usage but whilst 20 hours has  been quoted that is based on local video playback and for instance with continuous web browsing based on some tests conducted maximum likely to be just under 11 hours.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

CodyH
Voyager
Options
Hmm if light turned green usually means charged but if loosing charge fast as sounds is, it usually means need new battery as no longer holding charge properly.

Also check charge % to see if fully 100% charg when light green if not well it also means need new battery for device.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you using the supplied cable and charger?
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Member-roy
First Poster
Options

Cheers for the info BUT the book2 is brand new......

0 Likes
Member-roy
First Poster
Options

Yes.....

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
If battery still lasting a lot less than expected after checks best to seek advice from Samsung support.https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes