Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL bookmarks on Samsung Internet deleted with the newest update!!!

(Topic created on: 30-11-2022 01:25 AM)
Kansas33
First Poster
Options

I did the new update on my Samsung Galaxy and all of my bookmarks on Samsung internet somehow deleted. How can I get these back? I did a restore to an earlier date and they did not restore. Please help.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @Kansas33. I'd recommend looking at the thread below to see whether the suggestions provided enable you to restore your Samsung Internet bookmarks:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/other-smartphones/restore-bookmarks-from-samsung-cloud/td-p/2070...

Please let me know how you get on with this. 

0 Likes
D with an S20
First Poster
Options

Same thing has happened to me. The solution in the thread you note does NOT work. There is no "my device" or "Samsung account" showing as described. Further, trying to restore bookmarks from the Samsung cloud "restore backups" option doesn't give the option to restore anything related to Samsung internet(although websearches state you should be able to restore bookmarks). This is the second time this has happened to me. Samsung cloud IS A JOKE. It only ever shows 1 prior backup which is over written by the next one(which is how I lost my bookmarks the first time... the backup that would have had my bookmarks was over written before I could figure out how to restore it) SAMSUNG CLOUD IS A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY. There also is no way to export bookmarks from the Samsung browser. 

Exporting bookmarks to another browser and backing them up to prevent loss are two basic functions. With all the greatness of Samsung products, they definitely get a FAIL on these two points. Come on Samsung... get you ***** together

0 Likes
73DB
First Poster
Options

I've had the very same thing, first they went all weird and all bookmarks were out of the folders then the folders started to disappear a few at a time, now they've all gone, I think it's time to switch to another browser.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

If you head to the Samsung Internet app > Tap the 3 lines in the bottom right > Settings, is Sync with Samsung Cloud toggled on? Furthermore, tap on Layout and menus, and make sure that 'Show bookmark bar' is toggled on. 

0 Likes
Bean3
First Poster
Options

Has anyone figured out a way to solve the problem and get the bookmarks back if someone has I'd appreciate if someone let me know please and thanks.

0 Likes
tommykremer
Student
Options

Samsung Internet may have switched you to "secret mode", hiding your old tabs and bookmarks. I switched out of secret mode and got all my tabs and bookmarks back! It's in the user manual. Click the little box with a number in it at the bottom of your screen and select "Turn off secret mode" and tada! Your old tabs and bookmarks will appear! All of your tabs and bookmarks since the switch will be in secret mode but the old ones will appear in normal mode.

0 Likes
tommykremer
Student
Options

I got my bookmarks back by switching out of secret mode. It's in the user manual and I explained it more in a reply to the original post of this thread.

franks3
First Poster
Options

This is the solution to the problem you have to open the settings on your Samsung Internet and click the 3 lines at the bottom of the page goto personal browsing data. goto the secret mode settings and reset the secret mode. Did this on Zflip 4 and got all my bookmarks back. Thanks to TommyKremer

0 Likes
Khlad
First Poster
Options

I have tried the reset secret mode option, it does not work for me. Reset secret mode is greyed out. I have created a code to secret mode and then could reset secret mode data, still bookmarks is gone.

It happened when i moved files from old to new phone via Samsung Switch, all bookmarks gone.

Samsung cloud is in sync and it said it has synced the bookmarks also.

So i tried to research a bit. Created a new bookmark, and then press and hold the new book mark, press move, and now i can see all my saved bookmarks are a under a underfolder called Samsung Bookmarks, under the main/1. folder called Bookmark.

I can't seem to move/delete or anything for the Samsung Bookmark folder. But i can see all my bookmarks are there, because there is a number next to the folder which shows how many saved bookmarks i have, and its the same number as on my old phone

0 Likes