Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airplay not working on Flip 2.0 (WM85R) 85"

(Topic created on: 25-10-2021 05:03 PM)
Kulturskolan Kiruna
First Poster
Options

Hi!

We just received a Flip 2.0 WM85R 85" to our school, but can't get AirPlay to work at all. We're using new M1 Mac's, both Mac mini and macbooks. The Screen doesn't show up in the airplay list. Tried connecting computer and screen to different networks, to rule out the municipality network as the problem, still no luck (windows pc works fine).

Connecting to the Macs via HDMI and usb also doesn't work properly. Hdmi for picture works fine, but MacOS doesn't recognise that something's connected through USB at all. If I install a legacy driver for UPDD commander it kinda works, but the precision is way off. About a centimer off in the middle of the screen and almost 10 centimeters closer to the corners - meaning if I point at a corner it registers about 10 centimeters away, towards the center of the screen.

Soo, I guess this screen isn't tested with the new M1 macs at all? I read there's a new firmware that was supposed to fix the airplay issue, but that didn't seem to work. Anything else coming soon, to fix this? Or at least fix the issue with USB connectivity with M1 Macbooks.

Kind regards,

4 REPLIES 4
Members_h3l0N3j
First Poster
Options

We just received a Flip 2.0 WM65R 65" and update the firmware to latest

2021/07/27
FLIP 2.0 AirPlay Urgent Rc

But no Airplay support

Let me know

Best regards

0 Likes
HA1993
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. Did you find any solution for this? Im surprised Samsung themself have not put time to answer to this. 

0 Likes
lsarrat
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
lsarrat
First Poster
Options

You have to accept the term and condition within your Samsung WMR !

Then reboot

The airplay option should appear greyed and then solid.

0 Likes