Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

980 Pro 2TB model?

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 11:07 AM)
BlueMonday19
Pioneer
Options

I read that there would be a 2TB 980 Pro with part number MZ-V8P2T0BW, but I have yet to see any official release date or product specs. Is it still happening or should I just get the 1TB model instead?

47 REPLIES 47
BlueMonday19
Pioneer
Options
Yes their customer support is only M-F. Mine is due for delivery Thursday but they'll probably tell me its out of stock again before that. I'll just cancel again. Amazon UK are now listing it but with no price or release date, it's coming though
0 Likes
BlueMonday19
Pioneer
Options
Did you hear back? I've heard nothing since sending the email last Friday. The SSD is due for delivery tomorrow but it looks like I've been let down by CCL again. I'll be cancelling my order for a second time
0 Likes
BlueMonday19
Pioneer
Options
Well CCL didn't respond to my email regarding availability, they now say Feb 27th on the website. I asked Scan to confirm they had them and they replied within a couple of hours, they have stock. I've ordered one from there and cancelled my CCL order again
0 Likes
TheGingerThor
Explorer
Options
Wait they said they actually have stock of them for real?
0 Likes
BlueMonday19
Pioneer
Options
Yes, and as of this morning they still do. I ordered one last Friday, expected delivery Monday but it turned up on Saturday! Installed and working in my pc now
0 Likes
BlueMonday19
Pioneer
Options

One thing to bear in mind:  The Samsung NVMe driver doesn't support the 980. I installed my drive, used a Macrium backup image onto the new drive, but the PC wouldn't boot - the 980 MUST have the standard MS NVMe driver installed prior to imaging - either uninstall the Samsung driver before making the image, or boot from the old drive with the 980 installed, Windows will install the MS driver automatically. You can then image or clone to the new drive.

0 Likes
TheGingerThor
Explorer
Options
ahh sweet. It still says they aren't available on the UK Samsung site but on the US site you can buy them now instead of pre ordering them so I wonder if they have imported a load from the US so we can get them in the UK. I have placed my order for one for next day delivery so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. Nice one!
BlueMonday19
Pioneer
Options

Amazon Germany have them in stock so they're likely European imports. Anyway good luck with the new drive!

TheGingerThor
Explorer
Options
Yh I'm planning on installing the drive, booting into windows, then cloning my OS from my current SSD to the 980. I wonder why it doesn't use the standard Samsung NVME Driver?
BlueMonday19
Pioneer
Options

The 3.3 driver is a year old and not compatible with the 980. Hopefully Samsung will eventually release a new driver with proper support. What you plan will work as Windows will install the Standard NVMe controller driver when it detects the new drive. I did it wrong as my image didn't have the MS driver installed.

0 Likes