Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

34" CJ791 Monitor - Unable to remove the wall-mount bracket

(Topic created on: 05-04-2022 01:13 PM)
clareelisee
First Poster
Options

I'm having a problem with the wall-mount bracket on this monitor. When I first got the monitor, I removed the stand and installed the wall-mount bracket so I could mount the monitor on my desk. I now have a new workspace and mounting the monitor onto my desk is no longer an option. So,  I've taken the monitor and mount down, removed the mount from the monitor, and removed the screws that secure the wall mount bracket to the monitor. But for the life of me I cannot separate the wall-mount bracket from the monitor. Is there a trick to this? Had I known I'd never be able to use the stand again, I'd have though twice about removing it in the first place.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Just a thought - maybe try sliding the wall mount bracket down towards the bottom of the monitor in case it has " L " shaped moulded clips on it ( or to the right or left )
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@clareelisee: I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble removing the wall mount bracket from your monitor. Please can you take a look at page 17 of the user manual via the link below to see if this helps to shed some light on the issue for you? This shows the steps for successfully attaching the wall mount bracket, but it should hopefully provide some insight into how it can be removed. 

BN46-00711A-Eng.pdf (samsung.com)

0 Likes
clareelisee
First Poster
Options

I've tried sliding the wall mount bracket down towards the bottom of the monitor but the bracket still doesn't release. At this point I feel like I've moved the bracket in every configurable direction, but it just won't budge. Thanks though!

0 Likes
clareelisee
First Poster
Options

Yes, I have looked at page 17 in the manual and used it as a guide to help me remove the wall mount bracket. I thought the same thing - maybe reviewing how it got onto the monitor in the first place would help me understand a trick to removing it. Unfortunately, no luck. The wall-mount bracket is really stuck on. Thanks anyway.

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi - not sure if is the same monitor as yours but did a quick Google and looks like there is a ( presume metal ) arm in a slot on the back of the monitor that might swivel up / down. Looks like that is what the 2 screws for the wall mount go in to ( from the side ) If is same on yours I'm wondering if you need to swivel that arm back down in to the back of the monitor to fully release the mount ?
0 Likes