Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

2TB T7 SSD Keeps Disconnecting

(Topic created on: 14-03-2022 09:50 AM)
Barrold_VS
Apprentice
Options

HI folks, 
I've just got a T7 to replace my old external HDD but it keeps disconnecting?

I normally run all my work files via OneDrive this way and never had any issues until I got this new T7.

Any ideas on what's going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

#T7 

11 REPLIES 11
Fizaan
Navigator
Options
Have you tried to reset all settings
0 Likes
Barrold_VS
Apprentice
Options

Which settings?
OneDrive had to be setup from scratch when I switched drives so it knew where to put the files.
I've had to do this 3 times so far as the drive has been a pain in the dick.

I've just disabled the security settings on the Drive Software to see if that works. Bit of a drag if that is the issue

0 Likes
Solution
Barrold_VS
Apprentice
Options

Hey folks, 
Don't worry. It turns out that it is in fact the security settings. Since I've turned it off everything works fine.

0 Likes
Gordonzolla
First Poster
Options
I've just bought the same hdd, how did you turn those off?
0 Likes
Barrold_VS
Apprentice
Options
Turned off the security via the app software
0 Likes
Man_Castle
First Poster
Options

I disable that and still disconnect when I move it or just barely touch it. I'm beginning to think it's defective.

0 Likes
dimitris197979797979
First Poster
Options

bought one a few months ago, same problems as described by O.P., keeps desconecting whenever it wants no matter which port I use (usb or type C), worst drive I ever had even worst than my ancient quantum 400mb HDD. Samsung cant go lower with their products, at some point I have to give up with this company and accept that it doesn't even exist. STAY AWAY from that ssd

Dong_PH
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. I’ve turned off the security settings but it still disconnects every few seconds or so. Worse thing about it is that files that are open get corrupted. Complete waste of money.

MrBiggz
Student
Options

It's frustrating this post has been up for almost two years and nobody from Samsung has addressed the issue here yet.  Is this the support we get as loyal users/customers?

0 Likes