Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

27" Odyssey G7 - DisplayPort Issues

(Topic created on: 18-02-2021 09:03 AM)
ColdWynter
Student
Options

Just wondering if anyone has issues with the G7 and connections via DisplayPort, as all I'm getting is a black screen ( HDMI works fine ).  I've tried the supplied cable, and a USB-C -> DisplayPort ( both v1.4 ), and the result is the same for  both.  I've connected it to a couple of MacBooks, a Lenovo, and an iPad.  All of them detect the screen, and seem to think they're sending output, but the screen remains black ( oddly, even the coloured lighting goes off ).

Oddly, when connected via DisplayPort, the OSD is extremely limited, the only options I have, are for the OSD, and for resetting the monitor. 

I'm on firmware 1005.2, if that makes a difference.

42 REPLIES 42
Mcc69
First Poster
Options

I have same problem with the latest firmware ver 1009.3 and display port 1.4. Nothing that I have find hasn't helped in this problem. I have Asus Geforce GTX 970 craphics card with latest drivers >> could this be Geforce related problem? I also have contacted Samsung support two times, but haven't get anything from there and they are even not telling when will there be new version of firmware...

dook
Apprentice
Options

Hi, has anyone found a solution to this? I just got my samsung g7 and have attempted to connect it to my razer blade 2020 advanced via the usb-c displayport adapater AND a usb-c to displayport cable with no luck. My laptop is seeing the screen etc but getting a no sigal message on the g7 monitor...

0 Likes
YorkieScot
Explorer
Options

I have this also. I have a HP ZBook G7 Fury with a Thunderbolt 230 G2 Dock. All the ports on the dock are fine, except the Displayports. Black screen on monitor. Interestingly the mini-displayport on the ZBook works fine, I just want to use the dock. So, I have tried 2 different cables from Amazon neither have worked, one is 1.2 and the other is 1.4. Another point is that windows display settings can see the device but the Samsung monitor just isn't playing.

So, now having read something somewhere that a displayport cable has to be less than 1.5 metres. Does anyone have anything on this? Can't remember where I saw it either. So I have ordered a 1M cable from Lindy (UK). If this solves the problem for me, I will post back.

Ki_wi_
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I'm on version 1009.3 and running the rx6800xt. Whenever I start up my PC I get the d6 qcode error. When I plug in another monitor I have no issues at all. Definitely a Samsung G7 problem. Hopefully a updated firmware will fix this issue.

0 Likes
Ki_wi_
Apprentice
Options

Wow, if the 1m DP cable works, that has to be a G7 firmware issue. Please let us know. 

0 Likes
YorkieScot
Explorer
Options
No didn't work. Neither did Samsungs own cable. Also got a second Dock from HP support and that didn't work either. I am sure this is Dock firmware. Unfortunately returned all docks to HP now. Have spent enough time on this. Disappointed though.
0 Likes
dook
Apprentice
Options

Managed to find a solution by eventually buying a cable that does what it advertises as. Went with the brand Cablematters after trying two different brands previously. Same type of cables and connection. Worked instantly after that. Hope you all find the solution to your problems because it drove me mad too.

Ki_wi_
Apprentice
Options

Nice one. I've ordered the cable and praying this works. Thanks.

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Ki_wi_ 

hello

hope some tips below may help

☻ update the firmware to 1009.3 via USB (FAT32) via this  link 

guide

☻ check if correct source | press button → menu  → source → DisplayPort → 1.1, 1.2, 1.4 (depends on DP cable type)

btw, free cable is DP 1.2, not 1.4

☻ as usual turn off and on the monitor

☻ if persists, reset | press button → menu  → reset

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
YorkieScot
Explorer
Options
Firmware advised is what I got with the monitor. Tried many cables 1.2 and a fabby cable from Lindy that was definately 1.4. Tried resetting. No joy. Returned docks to HP and given up. May buy a HP Dream color monitor at some point.
0 Likes