Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

27" Odyssey G7 - DisplayPort Issues

(Topic created on: 01-09-2020 09:30 AM)
ColdWynter
Student
Options

Just wondering if anyone has issues with the G7 and connections via DisplayPort, as all I'm getting is a black screen ( HDMI works fine ).  I've tried the supplied cable, and a USB-C -> DisplayPort ( both v1.4 ), and the result is the same for  both.  I've connected it to a couple of MacBooks, a Lenovo, and an iPad.  All of them detect the screen, and seem to think they're sending output, but the screen remains black ( oddly, even the coloured lighting goes off ).

Oddly, when connected via DisplayPort, the OSD is extremely limited, the only options I have, are for the OSD, and for resetting the monitor. 

I'm on firmware 1005.2, if that makes a difference.

42 REPLIES 42
Goomba713
First Poster
Options

I have been having this exact issue, updated all drivers and attempted various cables, still have the issue and it seems like my DP1 port has died, currently in DP2 and its working but i am unsure if it will stay that way.

WD69
First Poster
Options

Same Situation here - Display Port does not seem to work with my HP Notebook Hub while HDMI works fine, but I would rather connect it via Display Port to have the single HDMI available for another  input source. I am even on 1007 firmware already but no difference..

0 Likes
Zarial
First Poster
Options

Same here. Both display ports died. The cable is ok, so as the graphics card. Getting black screen on my Odyssey G7. HDMI works tho. Did you resolve your issue?

Hollander25
First Poster
Options

I've got the same issue after I restarted my pc. Both display ports died, HDMI works fine. I'm on the latest firmware ver 1007.1. My gpu uses DisplayPort 1.2 though since I'm planning on buying a new one. I tried shutting down the power for a while and plugging in the cables again but nothing works. This really sucks, it seems I have to return it.

Update: After fixing the issue for a while, I got it again. The first time I got the issue is when I installed something from Intel that required a restart, the second time I got it when changing things in the Bios. I seem to have fixed it by unplugging the displayport cable and hdmi cable, shutting down the monitor (turning off the power completely) and pc, wait for 30 seconds or so, plug in the displayport cable, start the monitor again, and finally starting the pc again.

So I guess something goes wrong if you have both displayport an hdmi plugged in

ColdWynter
Student
Options

Still haven't resolved it.  I've tried reseting it, disconnecting the power, and even performing a "hard" reset ( hold the power button for 10 seconds whilst it's disconnected from the power ), and it's still the same. I'd return it, but I can't seem to get hold of Samsung support.....

Xektor
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem too, even more extreme i think.

EVERY TIME i restart my pc, the screen goes black. The Monitor is not responsive at all, meaning i can't access OSD Menu or do anything else. I am having the problem for over a month now.

I have to fix it every day. I have to  hold the  power button for 5 seconds, and in a span of like... 5 minutes to half an  hour of resets, the picture comes back at some point.

My nerves with this monitor are really done. THIS and the G-Sync flicker. I have never been more disappointed, pissed of, about something I bought for so much money. 

Here is what it looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j-3JWojKaA

0 Likes
Farz90z
First Poster
Options

Has anyone find a fix to this? Im getting the exact same issue. Also, it appears there is a PC In port (USB 3.0) but there is no option in the Source to select it. Is there another way to connect a PC to the monitor? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

0 Likes
Husfeldt
Student
Options

SOLVED... kind of..

I have an ASUS c302 Chromebook --- I tried a lot of cables and adapters (invested $$ for all this)

• Two different USB-C to HDMI converters.. no luck.
  • A multi-converter USB-C->HDMI/Display-port .. no luck
  • USB-C to ... the strange big-USB input (Not sure what it is called) .. no luck

Finally I tried a Cable with USB-C in one end and Display-port in the other nothing else .. that worked (Display port mode 1.4, AND AV mode (not PC) )

0 Likes
liakou
Student
Options

The "strange big-USB input", is meant to serve as a USB hub for your PC when you connect the monitor to it with the cable provided... RTFM.

0 Likes