Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Newsroom

Find the latest news and tips about Samsung products and services. Read articles, reviews, photos and more.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washing machine maintenance

Discover
Samsung Content Creator
Options

Support Splash_Banner_Opening_SEUK.png

Neglecting your washing machine can reduce its lifespanNeglecting your washing machine can reduce its lifespanFor many of us, laundry is a chore that we put off until we're down to mismatched socks, or sandwich between tasks in the hectic morning rush. Surely we've all heard the clatter of forgotten coins hammering the machine drum, or seen undissolved powder left to clog in detergent drawers? These appliances go through a lot, and are rarely looked after as they should be. So if you're not already doing so, it might be time to give your washing machine some TLC.

From AddWash and EcoBubble to smart control and child lock, our washers are doing more for us – often at lower energy rates and on faster cycles – than ever before. It's not surprising how many queries our friends at Support receive about these complicated products and their rich array of features. So we thought, what better way to give you guys the lowdown on machine maintenance than with a quick spin (sorry!) through some of Support's most useful FAQs?

Washing Machine Maintenance: tips to keep your machine running smoothly

My Samsung washing machine is showing an error or information code. What does it mean?

Preventing damage to your washing machine door and drum

The codes 'HE1' or 'HE2' are shown on the display. What does this mean?

How to clean the detergent drawer on a washing machine

How to resolve 4E or 5E codes on your Samsung Washing Machine

We hope you found this Support Splash helpful, 

The Community Team 🤝

Discover more:

TV Support Splash: Product Help and Maintenance 

Support Splash: Backing up your data 

5 Comments
PuGaGo
Apprentice
Options

i just like all of samsung product, thanks samsung...

Nic22arb
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone , I’m hoping someone knowledgable in Samsung washing machines can help and advise after my Samsung eco bubble washing machine broke down and I mistakenly deleted my warranty and rather than pay£180  fr a repair it was cost effective to buy a new machine which I have now my new machine is here  fab but on making sure I keep the maintenance of the machine tiptop I have tried to open the pump filter but it’s been screwed so tightly closed it won’t budge . I contacted Samsung but surprise surprise this isn’t covered by my warranty and again I need an engineer to look at it but this will b at my expense the machine is only a few months old ! Can anyone advise how I open it without damaging the filter and save the cost of a engineers visit ?  All advice will b greatly received I look forward to any replies 

AntS
Options

Hi @Nic22arb,

Appreciate that you want save the cost, and that you have the laudable aim of wanting to keep your machine in tiptop condition, but giving out advice on DIY repairs isn't allowed on the Samsung Community: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/news-rules-faqs/community-policy-on-dangerous-diy-unorthodox-rep... 

Unofficial repairs to/tampering with your new machine would also invalidate its warranty overall.

Nic22arb
First Poster
Options

I mayb didn’t explain my problem correctly I wasn’t askin if I just wondered if anyone has experienced the problem of the pump drain being closed so tight it won’t unscrew and if they resolved this without the help of an engineer I do not wish to damage my machine or invalidate my warranty

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Nic22arb  I think the point is that you could inadvertently damage your machine ,  DIY repairs cannot  be discussed in the open community and advice some customers previously posted was considered unsafe.