Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Newsroom

Find the latest news and tips about Samsung products and services. Read articles, reviews, photos and more.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staying connected on the Community

Discover
Samsung Content Creator
Options

Community_Care_Banner_Opening_SEUK.png

Community_Care_Staying_Connected.png

We're living in an unprecedented reality right now. In a world of instant access and ceaseless movement, the images broadcast through our screens are nothing short of surreal. While a circumstance of this magnitude undoubtedly affects us all in distinctive, intensely personal ways, there are also experiences which we share separately, but together.

During this sensitive time, it is more important than ever to support each other in whatever capacity we can. As you know, Samsung customer support is a human team, so in the interest of safety it's running at reduced capacity right now. For this reason you might see more calls for help in the Community discussion boards than normal – and your knowledge-sharing skills and solutions have never been more crucial. 

But don't worry if you can't solve someone's question, because there are plenty of other ways to contribute. You'll be amazed how much a friendly comment, well-timed conversation or even a humble like can boost a fellow member's day. Here are some great ways to help the Community and stay connected.

Join the conversation

Community_Lounge.JPGThe Lounge is perfect for chatting about any topic, from cooking and photography to wellbeing and gaming. Come and rave about the docudrama you just binged, the workout you've devised using canned beans as weights, or that delectable recipe you've perfected for homemade cannoli. We want to hear from you. 

My_AR_Emoji.gifIf you've got tips for working from home, share them! Re-created your family in AR Emoji form? Head to the Comments of the AR Emoji article and show off your GIFs and stickers

Identify Accepted Solutions Accepted_Solutions_Symbol.JPG

Community_Accepted_Solutions.JPGA lot of you approach the discussion boards for fast, no-nonsense advice from people who really know their tech. It's a great place to get personal responses to questions you need answering right now. When you've found a fix for your query, mark it as an Accepted Solution. It will help others find the right info faster next time. If you're trying to find an answer, the green ticks will show you were to go.

Discussions_Accepted_Solutions.png

Reach out

Community_Likes.pngWe're always searching for helpful tips, useful Support pages and valuable topics to share with you in the Newsroom, so let us know if you have any suggestions for content you'd like to see. If you enjoyed a post or have some feedback, hit Like or leave a Comment. Be sure to give your fellow members some likes and replies in the Discussion Boards, Lounge and rest of the Community too 👍.

Share content with those who need it

Community_Share_Article.pngDid you know there are about 180 different ways to share Community articles? From social platforms like Facebook, Messenger, WhatsApp and LinkedIn to golden oldies like email, it's super easy to pass all the insider knowledge of the Newsroom onto others who might need it.

Know someone who could do with an extra language on their keyboard? Or who hasn't backed up their phone in years? Scroll to the end of a post and give that big SHARE button some love. 

Badges and ranks

Don't forget, there are 15 badges to achieve and 21 ranks to climb, all by chatting, interacting with and helping out other Community members. Everyone starts out as a New Joiner, but few scale the top levels to reach Maestro, GrandMaster or (**cue thunderous applause**) Legend. You can also unlock special privileges as one of our trusted Superusers...

Community_Care_Badges.png

Keep sharing, caring and co-creating, 

The Community Team 🤝

Discover more:

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for our Samsung UK Community

Samsung Hacks: Create your AR Emoji

Samsung Hacks: Multi-language keyboard

Samsung Hacks: Blue light reduction

56 Comments
Missing
First Poster
Options

Bad experience with Samsung and their customer service. I would say the worst customer service ever. 

I ordered a Galaxy Buds + on April the 7th and its missing, i called Samsung customer service they said we will investigate it and get back to you.

No problem how long does the investigation take, Samsung call handler said 3-5 working days, called and emailed them a number of times, no reply whatsoever, everyone was given me different information, so I called after 9 working days and I have been told the investigation hasn't even started its pending. 

So she said give me 24 hours I will get this sorted for you and ask for the manger to call me back, they said the managers working from home therefore they only communicate via email, ok no problem how long do I have to wait for your manager to email me, so another 48 hours, waited 72 hours nothing.

Then I called back they said we will get this resolved for you within the next 24 hours, still nothing after 48 hours.

Then I called back on Sunday the 19th April they please give us another 48 hours we promise we will get this sorted for you. 

Called back today I was really fuming as I have wasted so much time on the phone to get though to them, and they answered still nothing apparently the manager hasn't even got back to their customer advisor who put the request through.

So I have left with no option but to dispute this case with my bank. I have already reported this to action fraud, police and trading standards. I am not gonna let them get away on how they treated me, I can not believe what a rubbish customer service nobody knows what they're doing. 

I said to the advisor can I have the managers name because I am already in contact with the head office she said we can't give you our managers name and I asked can I have your name she said we can't give you our names. Unbelievable.

The customer service horrendously terrible. They are not willing to help you and trying to get you of the phone as quickly as possible. 

I also emailed the CEO escalation team on how your customer service team dealt with me, lies after lies, misinformation after misinformation. 

How can your customer service lie to the customers. 

Today is 19 days no one has even replied to my emails or got back to me.

Its very upsetting especially during this pandemic. 
AntS
Options

@Missing , No doubt that it is upsetting. 🙁

I'm guessing that you ordered from our Samsung UK Online Shop. And it sounds as though you've got various people on this one, so I don't want to make the communications on it muddled for you - but if at any time you do want me to get in touch with our Online Shop Team on your behalf, please send me a Private Message with your and your order's details, and I'll see what I can do for you. (To send a Private Message: click on my profile here, and then 'send a message'. I don't work weekends, but I'm on here during the day most weekdays.)

Hoping it gets fully sorted for you as soon as possible in any case. 

MickCid
Student
Options

Hi guys today I am sharing an idea of feeling better. With Covid19 still hanging around, if you get the sniffles, develop a tickily cough or even lack a little of the feel good factor, take a bowl of boiling water, put in the juice of a lemon, or even a spoonful of vicks, place a large towel over your head, place your head over the bowl ensuring the towel covers the bowl area(make sure your head is about a foot from the hot water )and inhale the vapours through your nose and out through your mouth. Do this in the morning but especially just before you go to bed, it will help you sleep and probably kill any unwanted bugs, leaving you refreshed.

SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 20.41.53.png

....Joking aside, its great to be a part of an international community! :smiling-face: 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

No disrespect Mr manager @Discover but have you not been following all these complaints about this Disgraceful service regarding A90 5G? Ahh & @MickCid nice little message you posted 🙄but does a spoon full of sugar help the medicine go down in the real world! and also a reet good rub of Vicks solve the problems we all seem to be having with the A90 5G??? 🤔🤔 NO IT DOESN'T DOES IT 😤 

@ColinHall @Missing 

DISAPPOINt
First Poster
Options

SAMSUNG GOLD AWARD FOR WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I have always been a Samsung customer, things have been ok till I bought Samsung A70 phone online . Not long after I bought it, the phone was not charging , sent it for repairs under warranty , It worked for sometime and stopped . I escalated this to the head office executive customer service department as I believed it may be a manufacturing defect. That was the beginning of the worse customer service I have ever encountered . over a month of exchange of emails, threats from Samsung that it may be damage and may not be repaired . Wow , does that mean this big company make their profits on exploiting poor customers?. The phone is still not repaired . Why give a 2 year warranty when you know you are not going to honour such warranty?. Is this a scam?
When I get time , i will tweet some of their responses to my email. I might as well send the email trail to consumer watchdog.
This is sad and shameful.

Edit

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@DISAPPOINt @Samsung customer services are absolutely Brainless

4mnths without contact with my son cause covid stopped the phones there and everywhere from working or the fact that the staff are again Brainless! 

GRACIAS 👌💋 

Members_GAWCyg5
First Poster
Options

test :smiling-face:

Reggaeguy99
First Poster
Options
got my note 20 ultra its burning up my ear when on call
teragoodness
First Poster
Options

I read about the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G and I would love to have one soon.

missymad
First Poster
Options
Have gad my Samsung s20 for 3 months and its the worst phone I've had, changed from Samsung 4 years ago because of the service and the phone, I came back and wish i hadn't
lukastech
First Poster
Options

I heard about the Samsung foldable Screen Phone in 2018, has it been launched yet?

AndrewL
Options

@lukastech: We actually have a range of foldable devices available now: The Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Fold and Galaxy Z Fold 2. To find out more, please check the following link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-z/

AnifaRahma
Apprentice
Options

hi, i am stay here to connect with Samsung phones. Because i was really love it. And my gadget is all about Samsung, not the others. 🤣

lukastech
First Poster
Options

Please, is there any samsung phone similiar to the Samsung Galaxy M31 with a lower price? I love that phone but my budget is kinda low

Lebe
First Poster
Options
Love samsung gadgets! Bought my hubby the Samsung active watch and he is loving it!! Plus I just got my fitbit from Samsung..No other brand is like Samsung
marrrgaretttt
Explorer
Options
Lebe I think the same all Samsung stuff is the best on the market 👌all my family uses Samsung company 😊
loribear1
Navigator
Options
i absolutely love samsung products , especially the note phones , ive had nearly all of them , & now have the Note20 ultra , & i love the camera , with it's zoom & wide angle settings , & also love the stylus , & what you can do with it .
dbishy
Explorer
Options
Sound
NALLA1872
First Poster
Options
Has anyone had issues with the S21 ultra not switching off please
PhilipJPS
First Poster
Options
I delete applications to free up internal memory and a couple of weeks later the memory has been absorbed. I down to the few apps I really need with loads of pre-installed apps I never use. Where possible I've shifted apps to backing storage and I routinely clear down cache memory. I cant afford a new phone but this one is becoming increasingly less useful
Hunar1
First Poster
Options
I like the comunyty stay
bòz
First Poster
Options
How to get emails that I've forgotten
jenn0777
First Poster
Options

I have a question and not sure if this is where to post it...

Last Sat (6 days ago) I shipped my phone to Samsung to have the front glass and LED repaired. Today I check on my order status and it says repair cancelled with no info about why. No email, no phone call....just canceled my repair. So I call Samsung, she tells me the repair center is closed but they canceled it bc they couldnt see the IMEI number on the back of the phone. My back glass cracked about 3 months ago and I bought a replacement off Amazon. This was NOT a warranty repair as I paid $300 out of pocket for the front glass to be repaired. Why would RS cancel my repair bc they didn't see an imei # on the back? Then she said something about it being from the US. I bought it in the US, I shipped it from the US to somewhere else in the US....WHY WOULD IT BE FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY?! Also I gave them the IMEI # over the phone when i called for the repair. How can they have my phone for 6 days and then just cancel my repair...if they would have repaired it guess they could have seen the IMEI # from the screen. Smh Now i have to wait until the service center opens to find out what is going on. If ANYONE knows why they would cancel a cash payment repair over an IMEI # PLEASE LET ME KNOW. TIA!!

janpano
Apprentice
Options
We are livi ng in tthe last days
AytbitALX
Apprentice
Options
Stay safe everyone
pualine
First Poster
Options
Òk
Rasputin80
First Poster
Options
Any body good with boa constrictors
deano17
First Poster
Options
Today my s10 update now I am locked out on lock screen nothing
crooky1
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone 

I've had my Samsung washing machine for 3 years and it suffered catastrophic failure before Christmas. 

I took out a policy with domestic and general who sent an engineer out to repair it .

But d and g wouldn't repair or replace it .

They said it was because it was the first fix and wrote it off .

I'm not a happy bunny ..

I contacted my bank they didn't want to know .

I contacted Samsung  thinking they might be helpful..WRONG.. all They said was it was our of warranty. 

The motors had gone. 

The bearings had gone. 

The ďrum inner and outer gone.

Belts and pullies gone. 

Engineer says we are lucky it didn't catch fire ..

Has anyone else had this problem with a 3 year old machine. 

Crooky

Omii
Journeyman
Options
Received the S22 ultra and its a great device, but when watching media I keep getting a distortion line across the middle of the screen when it's in landscape.
AntS
Options
divalove
First Poster
Options
Nice one people, how are you all doing
chrismah123
Journeyman
Options
I ordered a Samsung galaxy s 22 plus and I have a delivery date 8th April. On loging in to my account to track my order I found my order had not been linked up with my account I am told I must have ordered without signing in.
I am very disappointed to find that Samsung have no way of linking my order to my account which I find astonishing with today's technology.
Pull your fingers out Samsung and make this possible please!
bigfish74
First Poster
Options
Anyone sone todays update 23-3-2022 and had problems playing vids.all was ok yesterday awoke to an update this morning did the usual install it and forget but upon playung youtube netflix or disney rhe cid will pause after a few seconds then restart but the voice continues and is out of sync.pls tell me ither are experiencing this as well as me as iv only had this S22 for a week
TIA andy
BSThomas
First Poster
Options
Hi, anyone know why there is 2 messages icon on Samsung A13, seems to be a duplicate and I have no way of deleting one of the messages folder as it won't let me?
BabuSudra
First Poster
Options
I bought my A52s 5g few months a go .....I get update schedule notice and goes not update automatically. So I do manually....but just fails after 25%. Why Samsung do not update bug free follow up???
Johnsprint
Journeyman
Options
Hi I would like to make a suggestion for the cameras default folder for saving photos and videos it would be great if you could save them separately ie one for photos and one for videos I think we should have this option as the s22 phones are not cheap fingers crossed john
Ianruss
First Poster
Options
Does anyone know if the tab s8 ultra has a pre installed screen protector
Rangers001
Student
Options
Have somehow restricted s21 background data. Can anyone help, please 🙏 😢
KimKO
First Poster
Options

I'm just making sure all of my public service announcements are broadcasting further out & loud & clear!! THE SAMSUNG COMMUNITY HAS BEEN HARD AT WORK STEALING MY IDENTITY AS A TEAM! 

I AM A CIVILIAN !!!!!!

weezer_1
First Poster
Options
Unapologetically me
weezer_1
First Poster
Options
Just got the Samsung 20... worst fone ever . So slow moving between apps.. when on line in live streams the screen us so u responsesive trying to reply Is a nightmare . My old galaxy 7 that my son smashed it was gold and so expensive to get fixed was 10 timed faster than this .. drives me mad .. also don't buy if wanting to use for work your place of work will have went in to administration by the time you reply to HR .. JOKE
cobb59
First Poster
Options
Any free reliable security for my phone
cobb59
First Poster
Options
Keep getting messages security needed phone at risk ..any free security available
at_theresonly1mac
Options

Smile it won't ******* kill you!

As a depressed person with mental health, the last 4 years have been a complete nightmare.

Year 1, fiancee rushed to hospital andnina coma for ten days, she has sepsis. Weeks in hospital and no decent coffee, I mean can it get any worse‽ Oh yeah, sepsis. 

She leaves hospital and is recovering well. Slowly getting back to her old self 

Year 2, cancer. Yeah I said it.

We both attend the dental hospital for a check up, I leave with nothing, and Jane has to be investigated... 3 weeks and God knows how many scans, tests, bloods, pokes n prods.

Definitely cancer of the throat.

2 operations, with the second being 14 hrs long.

A month of rest, and then 6 weeks of intense hell ... 30 sessions of radiotherapy, and 5 of chemo. Phew Christmas in 3 weeks.

Let the ***** begin.

Weeks and weeks of vomiting, unable to eat, temps, shivers, and more vomiting.

Woohoo, a corner is turned, she's keeping down food.

A couple weeks of getting outside and having a coffee.

Year 3, COVID COVID COVID, ALL VULNERABLES MUST LOCK THEMSELVES AWAY.

What the actual f.king hell? So Jane is now a prisoner of our tiny flat, and we can't use the communal garden as others are filling with us friends and family, so not safe to go out there even.

Year 4, up and down, and flying around, those wonderful men in their flying machines.

What a turbulent year... Lock down, no lockdown, lockdown, no lockdown, now no more rules.... Woohoo.

So you think you've had it bad the last couple years, I dare to question that.

Oh, I didn't tell you about me, and how I coped.

I didn't. I just got on with things.

Disabled or not myself, ain't no one else going out shopping for us. Ai t no one else running errands, aint no one else. It had to be done, I did it.

Ok but you're obviously strong minded... Hahaha I got certificates that state otherwise! 😜 I have a few mental health issues from my childhood of abuse of almost every type going ... It was the great 1970s and being in care. Oh the joys 🥳

So why am I writing this

Well just to let you know regardless of what's going on, having fun and being fun should never stop.

Jane told me after her few years, if it wasn't for your stupid jokes, and funny stuff, I'd never have coped.

No matter how dark it is, humour and fun should never quit. 

#mentalhealth #jokes #cancer #smile #sepsis 

Jacqui2cats
First Poster
Options
Can anyone help me please ? I am not great with my phone as i am an 'older lady' ! Even although my volume is up full my phone is not ringing my phone is a galaxy 9+
at_theresonly1mac
Options

Hello Doris.

I will try to take you slowly.

You obviously have some skills, as you've come here and typed a message.

Step 1, go to settings (scroll fingers downwards from the top on the home screen)

Tap the ⚙️ icon... That takes you to settings.

Step 2, scroll down settings until you reach SOUNDS ... tap this 

Step 3, adjust volumes and ringtones.

If that doesn't work.

Try this ....

Scroll down from home screen and look for this icon 🔊 (sound)

If it's 🔇or similar. It won't make any noise.

If it's 🔈〰️ or similar, it's vibrate only.

If it is 🔊 volume should be on.

Hopefully this has helped if not, let me know, I have other thoughts!

lottie77
First Poster
Options
How do I claim my free gift
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@at_theresonly1mac  Sorry to hear of the distress the last few years, hopefully things looking a bit better now.   As you say though humour and connections can lighten the burden.   Not that my experiences are comparable but in times of stress definitely helps to lighten the mood.