Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Newsroom

Find the latest news and tips about Samsung products and services. Read articles, reviews, photos and more.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solve for Tomorrow Competition Launch

Discover
Community Manager
Options

Community_Lifestyle_Banner_Opening_SEUK.png

Samsung_SFT_Competition-v2.jpg

When you’ve got a great idea that could change the world for good, it can be hard to know how to make it become a reality. Who do I need to talk to? Do I need any qualifications? How can I get funding to develop my idea? Where can I get all the information I need? The answers to these questions could well unlock your full potential.

This is exactly why Samsung created Solve for Tomorrow.

The competition has launched for the second year in the UK and is open to UK residents aged 16 to 25 who have a passion for technology and a desire to take action and address a societal challenge within the following themes:

Discover_0-1637674790928.jpeg   Discover_1-1637674790929.jpeg   Discover_2-1637674790930.jpg   Discover_3-1637674790931.jpeg

To enter the Solve for Tomorrow Competition, you don’t need any experience or qualifications. All you need is a great idea that could change the future and a love of tech!

You can enter by yourself or as part of a group of up to five people. If your idea is shortlisted, you’ll take part in a series of inspiring workshops and receive mentoring from Samsung and our partner Digital Catapult, the UK’s leading advanced technology innovation centre. You’ll also be matched with a Samsung mentor who will help you to refine your ideas before the final pitch date in June 2022. One deserving winner will receive a further six months of support from Samsung and Digital Catapult, to help them realise the scope of their idea, in addition to a £10,000 cash prize.

Alec Conway, Founder of Dignity, Solve for Tomorrow 2020/21 WinnerAlec Conway, Founder of Dignity, Solve for Tomorrow 2020/21 Winner

The previous edition of Solve for Tomorrow was won by Alec Conway with his project, Dignity. His winning idea was to create digital street lockers that help address the social isolation felt by people experiencing homelessness. The lockers provide somewhere to store their possessions and they also double as PO boxes; providing users with a permanent address, which allows them to open bank accounts, access essential services, and apply for jobs.

If you think you’ve got an idea for how technology could make the world a better place, head over to Samsung.com to find out more details and to enter the competition! Entries open on 23 November 2021, and you have until 20 February 2022 to get your idea in!

Join the Solve for Tomorrow Discord channel to connect with like-minded change makers and mentors, and access a hive of resources, to support your entry.

Do you have a great idea to change the world for good? Enter the Solve for Tomorrow Competition!

The Community Team  :handshake:

Discover more:

Back to school

Samsung TV Plus for mobile

How to use Samsung Pay