Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Newsroom

Find the latest news and tips about Samsung products and services. Read articles, reviews, photos and more.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV Plus for mobile

Discover
Community Manager
Options

Samsung_Service_Banner_Opening_SEUK.png

Samsung_TV_Plus_Cover.png.png

We all know that feeling: you’re just sitting down for the evening to stream some TV or a film. Suddenly you realise you’ve run out of things to watch! Streaming platforms are one of the great inventions of the 21st century. They’ve revolutionised the way we watch content and are the best way to stave off boredom. But what happens when you’re struggling to find new things to watch? If this has ever happened to you, we’ve got some great news for you: Samsung TV Plus is now available for mobile, so you now how even more options for things to watch!

First things first: what is Samsung TV Plus? It’s Samsung’s very own free video streaming platform. Before going mobile, it was included by default with Samsung Smart TVs since 2016. Samsung TV Plus lets you watch live TV on a wide range of channels and enjoy video on demand content whenever you want. Now that you can get all this on your mobile, it means you can take all this entertainment with you wherever you go! Let’s have a look at some of the features.

Live. The live tab is the part of Samsung TV Plus that is most like traditional TV; here you can watch live television, scroll through all the different channels, and see what’s coming up next. If you want to find out more about a programme, you can see detailed information about it too.

Discover. The discover tab is where to head if you want to watch video on demand. You’ll find content like films and series that you can watch whenever you want. This way you can binge-watch new series or go back to old favourites.

One of the great things about Samsung TV Plus is that you don’t have to subscribe to anything or even create an account, you just have to log in with a Samsung or Google account. But if you log in with a Samsung Account you can unlock even more amazing features, including My TV Plus.

On My TV Plus you can set your favourite channels and edit the channels you see in the live tab. If you’re worried about missing the latest episode of your favourite show, you can set yourself watch reminders. If you discover something you think your friends will like, you can share it with them. And, if you’ve just got too much new content to watch, you can add titles to a watch list so you can easily come back to it later.

So, how can you get access to all this? All you need to do is download the Samsung TV Plus app from the Galaxy Store or the Google Play Store.

Have you tried Samsung TV Plus on your mobile yet? Let us know in the comments below!

The Community Team 

Discover more:

Capture the moment with Live Focus Video

Samsung Sero: The TV that rotates

Origins of classic animated Disney movies

5 Comments
JAMES4578
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options

@Discover  yes  good to have it on Mobile now too,  should be useful  if out and about!       Not watched a lot on it yet but did try it out and it works well :smiling-face:

antikythera
Overseer
Options
Will this be made available for Tablets? If not seems a missed opportunity
xSteveuk
Explorer
Options
Really like this and ability to stream it to Chromecast enjoying Laurel & Hardy
R781
Options

What would be really nice is if my smart TV would play normal channels not just random Samsung TV plus 

Number-One-1
Options
Samsung MOBILE TV plus is a great fun and smooth working channel's TV. 5 Stars service!
Blog Dashboard