Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Newsroom

Find the latest news and tips about Samsung products and services. Read articles, reviews, photos and more.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart alert

Discover
Samsung Content Creator
Options

Samsung_Hacks_Banner_Opening_SEUK.png

Your device will vibrate when lifted if you have notifications to checkYour device will vibrate when lifted if you have notifications to check

Please Note: Availability of this hack may be affected by your device model or OS

Smart alert is perfect for those of us who aren’t great at noticing when we have calls or texts to reply to – who grab their phone and keys and sling them in a bag as they rush out the door – or who just don’t check their devices often.

With Smart alert, your gadget will vibrate when you pick it up if there are missed calls or messages to view. So next time you grab your phone in a hurry, you’ll know if you’ve missed something.

Here’s what to do:

1. With the device unlocked, swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Tap the Settings icon. It's the cog-like symbol on the right-hand side near the date and time.
  3. Now find Advanced features and tap Motions and gestures
  4. Scroll down to Smart alert and slide the toggle to activate
  5. Your device will now vibrate when picked up, to notify you of missed notifications

To activate Smart alert, find Motions and gestures in SettingsTo activate Smart alert, find Motions and gestures in Settings

If you've got a hack of your own to share, let us know in the comments below!

The Community Team :handshake:

Discover more:

Samsung Hacks: Multi-language keyboard

Samsung Hacks: Blue light reduction

2 Comments
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Ironically I have kinda a different issue: I prefer to have as few notifications as possible and answer at my own leisure so in my case I simply have that option off :smiling-face: I'm extreme enough with "answering at my own leisure" to disable all the notification sounds of almost every app, which is good considering it allows me to focus on whatever I wish to do (And increases my quality time with my Galaxy Phone :smiling-face: ).
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Certainly a useful feature for some  @Discover .   I do have  notifications for messaging apps/emails switched on but others I prefer to check at my own leisure.