Support

Open search

Galaxy Unpacked 2020: Get ready!

Community Manager

Community_Lifestyle_Banner_Opening.png

Too late! Samsung Galaxy Unpacked took place live from South Korea on 5th August 2020. Don’t worry if you missed it though – you can catch a recording of the live stream on Samsung.com.

You can also learn all about the five brand new power devices announced at the event by heading to Galaxy Unpacked August 2020, right here on the Newsroom, or have your say on the Galaxy Note20 | Note20 Ultra 5G discussion boards

Virtual hugs,

The Community Team 🤝

Discover more:

Galaxy Unpacked August 2020

Samsung Hacks: View a smartphone on your TV

Samsung Hacks: How to clean your smartphone

Community_Lifestyle_Closing_Banner.png

32 Comments

Exciting stuff! Definitely watching it with a big bag of popcorns :smiling-face:

Superuser I
Superuser I

Should certainly be worth a watch, President Tae Moon Roh has confirmed that 5 products will be unveiled samsung.com/us/tm-roh-steering-mobile-industry-through-the-next-normal-unpacked/ 

Can't wait to see! Always its interesting to see new products 

Always tune in for unpacked events. Wonder what we are getting this year...:smiling-face:

Me too! Exciting times!!! 😁

Superuser I
Superuser I

Always interested in the latest developments! :face-with-tears-of-joy: That said, I will probably skip the phone myself (I got a Note10+ and S20 Ultra in use :winking-face: It's slightly too early to replace them). But yeah, popcorn time from my cozy seat at home ^-^ 

(Still, nothing will beat the S20 Unpacked event from me, the trip to San Francisco was simply insane! :face-with-tears-of-joy: ). 

Superuser I
Superuser I

Not quite looking for a replacement yet either but the latest tech is  usually compulsive viewing 😁    

Hopefully meeting up at events will happen again in due course, even if we still need to be a  bit cautious at the moment.

Superuser I
Superuser I

Mhmmm, Look what I got today 

20200728_132446.jpg

🤔

@SjorsK: How mysterious :smiling-face: Are you going to do an official 'unboxing'? 

Superuser I
Superuser I

🤐🤗

20200728_171411_1559.jpg

That's amazing! Random, but amazing. I suppose it falls under the category of 'Things you didn't know you wanted until you got them' :smiling-face:

Superuser I
Superuser I

For sure, and there are many more goodies inside the box 😁 Samsung is once again "Unpacking" :winking-face: 

Indeed they are! It's a goody box to celebrate and enhance the online Unpacked event, I'm sure. Not long to go now. 

Superuser I
Superuser I

Mhmmm, maybee.... 🤗

20200728_132516.jpg

😜

I am so excited for the revelation of the new products, day 5 I will remain glued in front of the screen ...

Sono così eccitato per la rivelazionione dei nuovi prodotti, giorno 5 restero' incollato davanti lo schermo...Samsung.jpg

Exciting times!

Superuser I
Superuser I

For sure! :face-with-tears-of-joy: 

There is also a blue note in the box! ^-^ 

20200728_140839.jpg

20200731_090727_35063 (1).pnghi guys, do you think that the release of the new samsung galaxy note 20 ultra, is there the possibility to receive the new buds?

Oh my gosh, I received my Samsung Galaxy Unpacked box today! Getting really excited 🤗😊
Superuser I
Superuser I

Got the little gift 🎁 today.

Superuser I
Superuser I

20200801_162044.jpgunpacked 2020.jpg

20200801_172610.jpg

Superuser I
Superuser I

The box is actually a (private) stage full of goodies to enjoy the unpacked event from ^-^ And gosh, what an experience ^-^ I really wish to think Samsung for sending it to me ^-^ 

20200728_185653.jpg

Thought I'd wish you all a Happy Unpacked Day!

Just two hours to go!

Popcorn at the ready. 🍿

I did not understand why 'I have not received any gifts 😭,

fortunately I have been a samsung customer for 20 years 😒 ...
in any case good vision of the unpacking at all ....

Did everyone tune in?

What do we think?

Superuser I
Superuser I

Of course!

My personal highlights:

- Better windows integration

- Better software support (My one complaint

with most phone manufacturers)

- The new Tab S7

- The return of the old S9 features (heart pressure measuring and o2 measuring) on the new watch.

Overal I'm once again super impressed!

On a more personal note, the new phone and watch and buds are not something I would purchase considering I got the last Note 10+, The previous generation Galaxy Watch and the s20 ultra and the Galaxy Buds+. Replacing them right now is simply not feasible for me 😉

The new tab is on my wishlist now but let's first buy a great monitor 😊 Priorities! 😄

Which monitor are you after, @SjorsK?

Superuser I
Superuser I

It might be sliiiightly overkill, but I will go for this one, the only downside I could is it's price :winking-face: 

How weird as it sounds, I will primarily use it as a work monitor for my own company/work :smiling-face: I will probably write it off for 50% from my company :smiling-face: (The other 50% is "Private usage", which mainly means gaming :smiling-face: )

It's nice to have a huge monitor to allow monitoring social media/The community of my company, coding (or gaming) at the same time :smiling-face: I will use it to replace two old LG monitors (That where bought looooooong before I joined the community :winking-face: ) because they really don't fit with the quality standards I require for the tools for my trade.  

...Basically I learned that better screens, are easier to my eyes and this one has a certification. My computer is  also the primary tool of my trade so I believe it's well worth the investment. 

....Did you know that I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for those old monitors? I had the *cough* very *cough* intelligent idea that I could use them as a TV and that worked for a while (Even though the images where really crappy) until I switched to a different TV provider (In 2017) that wasn't able to modify the volume though the mediabox, so I had to buy a new TV (I was quite poor, so I bought a cheap Samsung TV). That TV broke once and went to the warranty and I came to the community to try to get it fixed, and somehow I ended up sticking around. 🤣And now I'm slowly but surely replacing most of the things in my house with higher end Samsung stuff :smiling-face: 

But yeah, the processing in the TV's is great. Never knew that before 2017 :winking-face: 

...The old TV is also replaced at this time and gifted to family when I bought a new one :smiling-face: 

It's one of those strange stories where a product of a competitor, somehow indirectly has resulted into me completely buying into the Samsung Galaxy ecosystem. 😁😊Zero regrets! 

Superuser I
Superuser I

I found the presentation to be pretty cool 😀

A few things stand out:

The Note 20 Ultra has   a-wideband (or UWB) radio for short-range data transmission and available in mystic Bronze  which was striking.  UWB will power Google's Nearby Share , however in the future it could turn your phone into a digital key.  https://www.engadget.com/samsung-galaxy-note-20-ultra-wide-band-connectivity   (though  a bit early for me to upgrade to any Note 20 at the moment).   of course it has a 120 Hz Refresh Rate compared to   60 for the standard though of course for some the regular Note 20 will be more within Budget. Note 20 series  has fastest processor and intelligent battery.  Can charge 50% in 30 minutes.   Many may be interested that there is a gaming bundling available, I was pleased to hear it confirmed that the Note 20 will support a wireless Dex though hope it also comes to a few other devices.

It was good to see the  Z Fold 2 in a bit of action and it can stand up in Flex Mode, whilst the New Hinge which as 60 components  allows greater functionality.   However more information will be revealed on September 1  https://www.pocket-lint.com/phones/news/samsung/150929-samsung-galaxy-fold-2-rumours-release-date-an... 

However if I was going to purchase anything in the near future it would probably be the Tab7 or Tab 7  Plus  Both have Amoled Displays  120 HZ Display Rate, plus  the SnapDragon 865+ Processor so should be poweful and good for both productivity and leisure.  They also feature Quad speakers by AKG and Dolby Atmos.  The tablets sync with Samsung Cloud and memos and Notes are instantly available on Galaxy Devices and PC, whilst Samsung Flow lets you instantly transfer between phone and Tablet.  https://news.samsung.com/global/meet-galaxy-tab-s7-and-s7-plus-your-perfect-companion-to-work-play-a... 

Superuser I
Superuser I

A 12 minute Recap is here for those who wish to view (whether you seen it live it or not)  

Superuser I
Superuser I

Nice! 

I jumped the gun on the Tab S7+ (256gb version) ^-^ 😄 It will replace my tab S2 and I plan to use it as my thin-and-light portable laptop. 

Superuser I
Superuser I

You should  be happy with the Tab  S7 Plus @SjorsK ,   the 256 GB version is not available in the Uk at the moment- some discussion of that here :  samsung.com/t5/tablets/tab-s7-plus 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tablets/tab-s7-256gb-ssd-8gb-ram-5g-uk-availability-mad-cow-post