Support

Open search

Data and Device Security

Community Manager

Support_Splash_Banner_Opening_SEUK.png

Support-Splash-Security.jpg

While Samsung mobile devices are built with security in mind, there are plenty of steps you can take to protect your home, data, smartphones and tablets yourself. These actions might include safeguarding passwords with Samsung Pass, backing up data regularly, or setting up SmartThings motion sensors to detect unexpected movement in your home while you're away. 

There's only one you, so biometric locks using Face Recognition or Ultrasonic Fingerprint technologies are a proactive way to protect access to sensitive apps like banking and emails. They can even help to secure your data if your device is stolen. To make things easier, we've rounded up some useful pages for keeping your data and devices safe and included them in this Support Splash for you:

Payments and passwords

Safeguard your passwords with Samsung Pass

What lock methods can I use on my Samsung Galaxy device?

Samsung Pay: Turn your phone into your wallet

How to use security settings on your phone

Home security and lost devices 

What is Find My Mobile and how can I use it to locate, lock or wipe my device?

Home security: Using motion sensors and SmartThings to detect movement in your house 

Storage and backups

What is Samsung Cloud and how do I use it to back up or restore my data?

What is the Secure Folder and how do I use it? 

How do I back up data using my Samsung account?

Don't forget, you should always send us an error report through the Samsung Members app if you ever encounter unusual behaviour on your smartphone, tablet or wearable. 

The Community Team 

Discover more:

Support Splash: Backing up your data 

Support Splash: Smartphone photography

Support_Splash_Closing_Banner.png

1 Comment
Superuser I
Superuser I

Thanks @Discover , certainly beneficial to have security advice in one place.   Whilst I am vigilant and take precautions not all members will be up to date-think it is important to take security seriously.   Personally I am a fan of the secure folder for some activities.