Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Newsroom

Find the latest news and tips about Samsung products and services. Read articles, reviews, photos and more.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect your Galaxy Buds to iMac or MacBook

Discover
Samsung Content Creator
Options

Samsung_Hacks_Banner_Opening_SEUK.png

Please Note: Availability of this hack may be affected by your device model or OS

These days, it's not uncommon to amass a real treasure trove of personal devices, from a range of different manufacturers. Cross-system compatibility has never been more important – or demanded – and we love helping gadgeteers connect and use their technologies in the ways they need. 

If you're working with an Apple computer such as an iMac or MacBook, it's easy to pair your Galaxy Buds+. All you need to do is navigate to System Preferences on your Apple computer, find your Bluetooth settings and connect to your wireless earbuds. 

How to set it up:

1. Make sure that your iMac or MacBook is switched on
  2. Disconnect your Galaxy Buds+ from any other devices and place them inside their case
    • Check you have closed the case
  3. On your Apple computer, open the Apple menu and then click System Preferences
    • The Apple menu can be found in the top-left corner of the screen. It is a symbol that looks like an apple
  4. From System Preferences, click Bluetooth
  5. Open the Galaxy Buds+ case to begin the pairing sequence
  6. Your computer will now detect your wireless earbuds. When they appear, click Connect next to Galaxy Buds+
  7. When your Galaxy Buds+ are connected, start enjoying your content!

If you've got something to add, let us know in the comments below!

The Community Team 🤝

Discover more:

Support Splash: Internet of Things

Samsung Hacks: How to clean your smartphone

17 Comments
iMacAaron
First Poster
Options

Still having issues connecting to iMac 2017, are there any other solutions? 

Disconnected from all devices.. and did a hard reset... so not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Any solutions that work pls let me know! TYIA

Members_WQZR29Y
First Poster
Options

Shame you can't have several items selected at the same time. 

cerberus1846
Journeyman
Options

Just another couple of tips which might help people - when you are initially trying to pair the buds with your iMac - switch the Bluetooth off on your phone all together.. your phone will automatically pick up the buds as soon as the case is open (prompting you to connect) - this appears to interfere with the imac being able to discover them.

Also, when you open the case - place them directly infront/underneath your Apple logo on the iMac - it's nearer the antenna and will give you a better chance of being able to discover and connect to them..  once connected you can turn Bluetooth back on your phone and then control what source they're connected to via the menus on your phone or on the iMac.

hope his helps! :smiling-face:

BjornstadFægir
First Poster
Options

"when you open the case - place them directly infront/underneath your Apple logo on the iMac" this worked a treat on my Late 2013 iMac @cerberus1846! Thanks for the guidance! 😃

First Poster
Options
Thank you it worked 😁
praveendk
First Poster
Options

it worked for me. thx

Sanjeewa
First Poster
Options

Hi guys,

I have Samsung galaxy buds live, this one connects to my iPhone but I can't connect to my macbook pro. Can you please someone help to fix this issue. 

Thank You

Natasha0710
First Poster
Options

As of the new update, my buds are not discoverable or finding my mac or my iPhone.  Anyone else have this issue?

SVC88
First Poster
Options

I took them out the case and into my ears. Once in my ears I held down on the earbuds whilst watching the bluetooth list on my mac, it did then appear after around 3/4 seconds and I was able to click and connect. I have a new macbook so this is maybe the solution for newer devices. 

Cat Rue
First Poster
Options

I was trying to get my Buds to connect to my new M1-chip Macbook Air, and this worked great! It wouldn't automatically connect, but putting them in my ears and activating them did the trick. Thank you so much!

Hieuphamc
First Poster
Options

you need to remove 1 connected device->close the cover of galaxy buds for 5s->open the cover->connect both old and new devices at the same time.

Hieuphamc
First Poster
Options

good luck

briajosephs
First Poster
Options

I have a Macbook Pro 2019 - putting the earbuds in my ears and holding down on both of them for a few seconds worked like a charm. They almost immediately became discoverable on my laptop. I'm pretty certain this is the solution for newer models.

The Dentist
First Poster
Options

This really worked welll on my macbook air 2021. Thank you very much

mariah janelle
First Poster
Options

holding them down until you hear the little "ding" worked wonders for me! I didn't even know they had a pairing mode because they have always popped up as soon as I open the case on my iPhone. My mac is a 2017 macbook pro. thank you, I thought I was crazy haha

Danijel Dragiceivc
First Poster
Options

Hi,
when I connect my Samsung Air - R02 to my MacBook, Music app is automatically started.
Can you please tell me how can I disable this?

P.S. In the Bluetooth section (on my MacBook) I don't have any specific options related to my Samsung Airbuds, where I could turn of automatic ear detection for example.

LaGriff
First Poster
Options

@SVC88 your advice helped! I have a new Mac and couldn't get it to connect until I held down on the ear buds while they tried to pair with my Mac. After a few seconds the ear buds appeared in nearby devices. Thank you!